Wiper?

Jock

Hi, I was driving in the rain with wipers on and a short while later I heard what I can only describe as a quite loud twang/crack noise. There is no damage to the windscreen. Has anyone else had this happen or can anyone shed light on what this might have been? Thanks in advance.

If your wiper arm bushes are worn(where wiper is connected to the arm),it's possible the arm snagged the bottom edge of the windscreen

Were you driving with a pair of hitch-hiking passengers carrying a banjo and a whip respectively? If not - as 007Jester has suggested above - have a look at the pair of rivets attaching the wiper arms to the wiper mount. If these (when lifting the arm up) are able to move laterally easily and the wiper blade can be 'rotated around the pivot' when in the air, it is likely that the rivets are seriously worn and the arm needs to be refreshed as it will be able to exceed its normal rotational arc. @depronman does this with tougher materials for a much better price than buying Audi originals, even if they are available.

Last edited:
Back