Working OSS a wonderful thing

pandsnolan

First breath of sunny weather today and the chance to open up my newly fixed OSS courtesy of the great work undertaken by Kleynie and family .

Cannot thank you guys enough, a working OSS is a wonderful thing . Work was completed from start to finish in less than 3 hours including removing and refitting the headlining .

Photos show work in progress and the finished roof open today .

First breath of sunny weather today and the chance to open up my newly fixed OSS courtesy of the great work undertaken by Kleynie and family .

Cannot thank you guys enough, a working OSS is a wonderful thing . Work was completed from start to finish in less than 3 hours including removing and refitting the headlining .

Photos show work in progress and the finished roof open today .

View attachment 48038View attachment 48044

Ooh yellow leather on pine green. Wow
Can we have some more details about the car please?

That looks funky, what other interior colours were available?
I'm guessing there was an extended colour palette for other countries.

That looks funky, what other interior colours were available?
I'm guessing there was an extended colour palette for other countries.

There were three "special" leather colours available in the UK... Red, Blue & Yellow. All I believe came with matching door cards trims, steering wheel and gearknob trim.

Red seems to be the most popular, then blue and yellow. I only know of two other sets of yellow leather seats in the UK... Obviously there may well be more.

Thanks for the nice words guys ,,,, I will take a few more photos next time the suns out and post them . The tan interior extends to the door arms , handbrake handle , gearstick gaiter and gear knob, and steering the wheel . Is the interior a special edition or just a not so popular choice ? Its a great combo with the Pine Green pearlescent which rarely ever truly looks green .

Thanks for the nice words guys ,,,, I will take a few more photos next time the suns out and post them . The tan interior extends to the door arms , handbrake handle , gearstick gaiter and gear knob, and steering the wheel . Is the interior a special edition or just a not so popular choice ? Its a great combo with the Pine Green pearlescent which rarely ever truly looks green .

As described above it just wasn't a popular choice. It's listed on the options sheets, but as I say very few were taken with it at the time.

Seven interior leather colours available from factory; neptune blue, amulet red, aztec yellow, twist beige, swing dark grey, soul black and platinum pale grey. Alcantara only in pale grey ("platinum") and black. Speed / leather on S-Line plus (with black headliner and titanium meter dials).
Gear lever boots, handbrake covers and steering wheels only in the three primary colours and black; I believe the wheel was also available in Twist.

- Bret

only on the three primary colours is the armrest a different colour. The wheel and dash top colour is Jive, I believe, and IIRC it was discontinued around 2003, when the color.storm was released.
Not convinced that sports seats were ever available in twist or platinum leather, either.

- Bret

Back