Worn paint on the rear seats pull up handles etc

Alan_uk

A2OC Donor
The paint on and around the rear seat pull up release handles is worn. I guess it is soft touch. Mine's beige.

If soft touch I could order some via Rick but on the other hand, it will no doubt wear soon again. What have other people done? Is there a thread? (can't find one)

Last edited:
I’d like to know this too, as my car could do with some attention. The soft touch is a crap idea, and some of mine has gone sticky.

I repainted mine with volico in the summer. I removed the surroundings and painted them separately. For the handle parts I put the rear seats in a large plastic bags, pulled the handles up and sealed the bag with tape so that only the release handle wasn't covered. That way I didn't need to remove the handle from the spring mechanism and I reached all the areas I wanted to paint.

I think the volico paint works great when repainted. I have removed the old paint with warm soap water and rubbing, some parts might need some alcohol based paint remover. Then I have applied a really thin layer of primer before volico. I have painted a bit thinner layer than the factory original paint hoping it doesn't leave marks so easily. You could use the volico topcoat after that if you have doubts about the wear. I'm satisfied with the repainted parts after six months, though I don't know what they are like after longer period of time.

Back