Would you buy an A2 with broken sky?

Spaceframe16

I've got a chance of buying another A2 - this one has (not working) open sky.

Would you buy it and then just forget its there ?

I would, and did :)

I wouldn't forget about it though, @Kleynie offers a service to service or recondition them and I'd highly recommend it as when working as originally intended it's a fantastic feature. @Kleynie fixed mine for me and the service I received was top notch.

Yes. Certainly buy it if it measures up in other respects. I have two A2's - one with OSS and one without and I know which one I prefer to be in.

As said - you can treat it as a fixed glass roof and leave it broken - or take advantage of the service offered by Adam & Ian.

I wouldn't purchase an A2 that didn't have the pan-roof, even if it was made of gold! LOL! After you purchase it, take the complete sun-shade blinds out and let the light in!. There is an A2OC member who repairs them cheaply, anyway.

David

To be honest it is noisy with the roof open at speeds above 40mph, so as others have said buy it because it makes the cabin very light and feel more airy.

Echoing other members thoughts here. An A2 with opensky or brokensky is still a wise investment.
Good luck
Steve

Do not let brokensky put you off. The roof can be repaired or replaced better than original by @Kleynie . Just make sure to use it as a bargaining tool when buying. Not sure if Adam & Ian are fixed price for some jobs and charge differently for other jobs. Give them a message and see what they would recommend.

Like others above I really like OSS, working is a bonus. The only reason I don't have OSS is roof carrying capacity, it rains a lot here though not enough for me to paddle my kayak or canoe from home (usually).

Back