Wrap

mac911rs4

Heh all....
Just wanted nares if anyone has used or know of any good places for a colour change wrap for the car . First quotes come back £1200+vat, which I thought fairly high for a small car with a full glass roof, i’d have thought more like 700-800, any experience out there? Thanks, m

I’ve considered it myself many times, eventually decided not for several reasons, based on other people’s experience:
- A good job will start from 1.2k, and realistically it will last two years, despite the theoretical 6 years warranty.
- I would not get anyone get near my bodywork with a scalpel
- Removing the adhesive wrap is a nightmare and unless you have an impeccable body paint, chances for things going wrong are high.
-you will have to inform your insurance and most likely your premium will go up. Mine wanted to charge an additional £100.
- For a proper work and durable result I was strongly recommended to use only 3M or Avery films, applied by approved wrappers, which means more than 1.2k bill.

This is why in the end I decided not to.

I’ve considered it myself many times, eventually decided not for several reasons, based on other people’s experience:
- A good job will start from 1.2k, and realistically it will last two years, despite the theoretical 6 years warranty.
- I would not get anyone get near my bodywork with a scalpel
- Removing the adhesive wrap is a nightmare and unless you have an impeccable body paint, chances for things going wrong are high.
-you will have to inform your insurance and most likely your premium will go up. Mine wanted to charge an additional £100.
- For a proper work and durable result I was strongly recommended to use only 3M or Avery films, applied by approved wrappers, which means more than 1.2k bill.

This is why in the end I decided not to.
Here ya, and maybe your right, I wanted to liven the car up slightly, but the paintwork is pretty spot on, just had another 3m quote, £1800, so the 1200 is cheap for 3m, really not into spending that much...for the hell of it, I intend on keeping the car, their guarantees are 3 years of 36000 miles, so as its a little run around for us, it's be the 3 years.....maybe the numbers come up, i'll have a disposable 1200 !!! Cheers, M

How competent are you with the spanners? If you can strip the car ready for paint, a lot of bodyshops can respray a car for around £1000 if the bodywork is pretty straight.

Both of ours were resprayed for around a £1000 with me doing the strip-down.

Here ya, and maybe your right, I wanted to liven the car up slightly, but the paintwork is pretty spot on, just had another 3m quote, £1800, so the 1200 is cheap for 3m, really not into spending that much...for the hell of it, I intend on keeping the car, their guarantees are 3 years of 36000 miles, so as its a little run around for us, it's be the 3 years.....maybe the numbers come up, i'll have a disposable 1200 !!! Cheers, M
Sure, I know the feeling mate. I was just sharing my thoughts as I went through the same debate few years ago. Just be aware that the film removal is not an easy or quick job as they advertise. What color are you thinking? Back in the days I was quite intrigued by the 3M sating white aluminium....it would look stunning on an A2 :cool:

Sure, I know the feeling mate. I was just sharing my thoughts as I went through the same debate few years ago. Just be aware that the film removal is not an easy or quick job as they advertise. What color are you thinking? Back in the days I was quite intrigued by the 3M sating white aluminium....it would look stunning on an A2 :cool:
Yep, deffo gonna have to give this a miss...for the time anyway. Best cost i've had is 1200, another is at 1400 plus 160 per door shut, then the last one, 1800, madness. All have said they need the car for 4 days whist it's dismantled, covered and then rebuilt, only paid 1250 for the car itself, then had the mods done.....Just not worth it....yet !!! Was looking at a blackish purple, or blackish blue, very dark colours so you can barely make out the actual colour until the light hits it, gloss finish to keep clean, or an incredibly dark red in satin matt as all the colours suit a dark glass roof along with the silver interior....as I type i'm almost talking myself back into it !!! Alas, I'll wait, MOT time tomorrow, fingers crossed....

Back