Yellow one in Stanley, Co Durham?

citroen sm

Coming back into Stanley last night on a bus, I thought I glimpsed in passing, from the brightly lit bus through condensation covered windows, a yellow A2 just along the road from the Hill Top pub. Any takers?

I did cycle back there today but it wasn't there, probably at work.

LG.

I passed the end of that road again yesterday and looked up and there it was. Cycled along for a closer look. It is a yellow FSI with OSS. I can't believe the owner of an A2 like that isn't on here looking for answers/advice, (or giving it!)

LG.

If it is full yellow, like mine, then it was originally owned by Audi UK, before being offered as a prize in one of the national papers. I'm not sure which one, it may have been the Mirror.

If it is full yellow, like mine, then it was originally owned by Audi UK, before being offered as a prize in one of the national papers. I'm not sure which one, it may have been the Mirror.

Was yours via the same source Tony? i.e a prize?

No - mine cost about 18k, special order at the factory, a thousand quid for yellow paint, and six months later, they brought out the colour storms.

At the time I bought it, the guy at the dealership did a check, and there was only one other in Imola yellow in the country, and it was owned by the Audi company. As the records seem to show that only one yellow A2 has ever been sold in the UK, I surmise that the other was an Audi publicity/demo car, and passed to the paper/new owner as a pre-owned vehicle.

Interesting. What would make it a "storm", the black rubbing strip along the side/bumper corners? I'll have to go take another look. LG.

No - mine cost about 18k, special order at the factory, a thousand quid for yellow paint, and six months later, they brought out the colour storms.

At the time I bought it, the guy at the dealership did a check, and there was only one other in Imola yellow in the country, and it was owned by the Audi company. As the records seem to show that only one yellow A2 has ever been sold in the UK, I surmise that the other was an Audi publicity/demo car, and passed to the paper/new owner as a pre-owned vehicle.

There has been a yellow being broken on been for ages.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/283316299162

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And black mirrors and door handles and yellow panels in all the seats.

Last edited:
Back