Yellow yellow very yellow FSI

guessing this isn't original colour scheme, not seen yellow spoiler and wing mirrors and grill before?

It’s been kicking around for a while, was on Facebook market place. Do you think they were happy after they did this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apart from the painted-over lower front grille and wing-mirror-holders I quite like that.

Big question though: Is it one of the rare factory Full-Yellow cars that's had yellow Storm seats retrofitted (and extra bits painted) or is it a Storm that's been mostly painted over?

Either way, would totally have it if it was that price over here ?

I read somewhere (might have been FB last time it was sold) that it's a Storm with the black bits painted yellow. Two paint codes on the service sticker apparently.

I went and looked at this car before from the Current seller as I was interested to buy, its a colour storm the black plastics have been re painted yellow along with the roof and mirrors and spolier and the original body yellow has faded (as with most 17years cars) Therefore its not all one shade of yellow being from a paint automotive background myself this didn't bother me, but the spray job in my opinion was not a professional one. Yellow is probably the hardest colour to paint professionaly, you could get the plastics sprayed black again but to do the job correctly you would have to remove the plastics from the bumpers (from the back as I think they click in?) and also the doors, this is time consuming as you need to get access to them from the back to avoid breaking the clips and a pain in the backside, or could do what most bodyshops would do and paint the plastics on the car but again it would need to be done very accurately as you would notice if you have a egal eye, also there is yellow paint overspray everywhere what would have to be cleaned off. I decided to leave it the mot is out in January aswell. Also respraying a car roof is difficult in comparison to a wing or door. You could get the roof mirrors and spolier wrapped matt black but would cost to much money to spray and wrapp correctly, but its up to the individual if they like it all one color then they should buy also, the gearstick is not off a audi a2.

you could get the plastics sprayed black again but to do the job correctly you would have to remove the plastics from the bumpers (from the back as I think they click in?)

The "bumper inserts" are not actually inserts on the A2, the whole bumper (at least the part that is usually painted) is one piece, so cannot be taken apart.

On Storms, the matte Black is actually painted over the original color (red blue yellow etc.) for at least the bumpers and roof. (Picture shows my CS roof with a chip in it)
IMG_20190603_180044_738.jpg

The paint fading out differently on different types of bodyparts is quite unfortunate on the yellow cars, but it is what it is.. ?

Still, at least on the pictures, it doesn't look too bad. (Though of course, pictures can never show the "whole story")

Orite I didn't no i was wondering how they fix onto the panels I thought they must clip on like other cars I do own two colour storms but have never needed to re paint any off my a2s before.

Well you could stick some "JCB" or "CAT" stickers on the doors and sell it on. Heck, maybe one one the roof even.

The front bumper is cracked from underneath a bit this can can be seen on picture 2 near the drivers fog light area and there is small paint flaking or chips in certain areas as would be expected from a 17year old car see pictures one passenger wheel arch. Again only in very small areas. You carnt notice at first glance.

I mean chips in the paint can be expected from a 17year old car not paint flaking, the spray job was not done from factory in my opinion and there is no paperwork to say it was factory painted all one colour.

I mean chips in the paint can be expected from a 17year old car not paint flaking, the spray job was not done from factory in my opinion and there is no paperwork to say it was factory painted all one colour.

It’s just not a factory job as bits have been painted that wouldn’t be painted on any a2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think someone has bought the car now as the advertisement has gone i wouder if they know, or they might find out later.

Back