Information 2022 Timmus Vanishing Act

timmus

A2OC Donor
Hello fellow A2 owners,

I thought I'd compose a quick post to inform everyone that I'll be out of the country, and possibly incommunicado, until the beginning of October.

A few days from now, I'm boarding a ferry to France and will be heading to the Alps for approximately 5 weeks. Having not taken any holiday so far this year, this is the major recreational event of my year, and it's highly likely that I won't be spending much time online. If you're reading this, it's possible that you received a link to this thread as a reply to your private message. Many thanks for getting in touch; I will do my best to catch up with all enquiries upon my return to the UK.

In the meantime, I hope everyone enjoys the remainder of the summer.

Best wishes,

Tom

Have a great time Tom and I hope the mountains are both available and kind to you :)
Thank you, Ian.

When I first arranged the trip, it was done with the intention of attempting to summit a list of mountains. However, I have not yet been able to adequately conquer the physio issues with my left leg, so it's going to be a calmer holiday than I had initially planned. I'm under strict instructions from my physiotherapist not to throw caution to the wind; I must resist the temptation to go up. The mountains aren't going anywhere and will still be there next year, by which time I'll hopefully have two equally strong legs. 🤞

Have a great time Tom. I have a small item for you from AT via Rick. I will keep it safe until you return!
Simon

Hello fellow A2 owners,

I thought I'd compose a quick post to inform everyone that I'll be out of the country, and possibly incommunicado, until the beginning of October.

A few days from now, I'm boarding a ferry to France and will be heading to the Alps for approximately 5 weeks. Having not taken any holiday so far this year, this is the major recreational event of my year, and it's highly likely that I won't be spending much time online. If you're reading this, it's possible that you received a link to this thread as a reply to your private message. Many thanks for getting in touch; I will do my best to catch up with all enquiries upon my return to the UK.

In the meantime, I hope everyone enjoys the remainder of the summer.

Best wishes,

Tom
Hi Tom enjoy your holiday, are you taking the A2 or something bigger.
Ray

Hi Tom enjoy your holiday, are you taking the A2 or something bigger.
Ray
Thanks Ray,

I went in the A2 in 2019, prior to the Coronavirus pandemic, but this year I’m going in a Skoda Yeti that’s been mildly (and reversibly) customised to act as a 2-person camper. I’ll endeavour to post a pic or two here.

Cheers,

Tom

Have a great time Tom. I have a small item for you from AT via Rick. I will keep it safe until you return!
Simon
Thank you kindly, Simon.

Depending on our schedules, I may even pop by to collect it on my way home.

Cheers,

Tom

Have a lovely holiday Tom ,the amount of time you spend making a2 cars a pleasure to drive you deserve a great holiday

I'm definitely looking forward to the photographs and more importantly, the stories when you are able to join us again for a meal Squire. Enjoy your passion, whether a touch more sedate than usual or not, breathe in the air and feel alive. If you feel an urge to push on, remember the mantra "short-term pain for long-term gain".

Take care mate, enjoy the well deserved restpite and do pop in from time to time - I'm sure a thread of photographs of the views would be more than welcome by us all.

Speak soon, stay safe.

Do call in Tom as you are passing Limoges !!!
Thank you kindly for the offer. If I was travelling down through France, I'd have gladly done so. However, I am heading to the central and eastern Alps and am dropping a few ProAlloy intercoolers in Germany, meaning that I shall drive through Belgium and Luxembourg rather than across France.

Another year. :)

Cheers,

Tom

Back