air conditioning

1. T

Air conditioning conundrum

Having had the engine out of my project A2 and done items such as: 6 speed MYP, cam belt kit, clutch and DMF, oil chain tensioner. I had the AC recently re-gassed. A nitrogen pressure test was performed followed by a vacuum test which the system passed. The system was fill and initially worked...
  2. E

Manual Aircon Help

HI All, My A2 has manual Aircon and we had trouble with it since I bought last autumn, having had some help to take the control unit out the rods that connects the dials to the back end are missing, I have been able to buy replacement rods but have no idea how to install them. Could someone...
  3. R

New to the club, and appreciative of advice already!

Hi All I've recently taken ownership of a '53 1.6 Sport. Following the destruction of my previously cherished Golf V GTi by a driver that fell asleep and smashed into me, I wanted a quirky, future classic, iconic car, and this one ticked the boxes. It seems a great little car, looks like...
  4. poltheball

Rubbish aircon

Hi all, The aircon in my 51 plate 1.4TDi SE is, well, a bit pants. Really weak and unreliable airflow, although the temperatures do tend to be about right (I think). By unreliable, I mean that the flowrate doesn't always change proportionally to the fan speed that I select; sometimes there is...
  5. P

Heating problem

Any advise would be greatly appreciated: My A2 is a 54 plate. I have an intermittent problem (although it's happening more & more). When I try to lower the temperature it doesn't reduce! It just continues to pump out hot air! I'm hoping we can sort it before the summer although the sooner the...
  6. L

Oil and Air Con (Two subjects)

Heads up: Homebase has some Castrol Edge at half price in their sale (in the Exeter store) £8 something. I just bought a litre and then realised it's 5-40 rather than the 5-30 I'd bought previously. Is this usable for the 1.4 Tdi? Second - I'm very tempted to get a second hand pump for the...
  7. A

remove air con panel

Indicators stopped working, but was told by the local dealer in Poole that they tested the relay and I must need a new stalk at a cost of £180. Fitted one myself with a new stalk from GSF for £27 thanks to a thread I found on how to do that. However this didn't solve the problem so I am...
  8. L

Over temp Under load.

Can any one help !! 1.4 TDI 2 symptoms, under high load (high speed for more than 5 mins) temp starts to climb to about 100 C. I slow down, start stop driving etc back to 90 C as normal. 2nd symptom no heating set air con to a toasty 25 C. No blower as normal untill engine has warmed up then...
  9. J

Nipple on top of dashboard

I was told in this thread (http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9069) that the nipple on the top of the dashboard is a sunlight sensor... Now what does this do? In a Mercedes this measures the direction of the sun to adjust the climate control from one side of the car to the other...
  10. B

audi a2 air conditioning and tyres..

HEY GUYS, IM KINDA NEW TO MY AUDI A2 BUT WAS WONDERING, IVE GOT AN AUDI A2 2000 1.4 SE.....does it have air conditioning, i mean i can always get heater on, its always warm air but does it have air conditioning as in cool air an stuff....i cant seem to get it on, may be its just that it doesnt...
Back