central locking

1. Ridge

Ridge's electric/CCCU problems

Hi, a new person here. I just bought a 2001 A2 1.4 gasoline. It has a few electronical gremlins. I have read your threads about the Central Convenience Unit (CCU), however, I'm unsure whether my problem is due to that. My remote key works sometimes (hence I don't think it's a sync/pairing...
  2. RantA2

OEM Remote Central Locking Retrofit

Hello, I tried to ask some instructions some time ago in an already existing thread but had no answers so let's try again with a new thread. So the case is that I have a A2 1.4 petrol from the year 2000 and it has originally been in demonstration use in a car dealership so it has some odd...
  3. J

Central lock and alarm

Dear all, I am new to this and I need some assistance, we got a 2001 14tdi , but we are experience some issues as follows: when we use the remote key to close the central locking depress once and front doors closes if depress again rear driver side closes, but if the lock switch on the door...
  4. D

Driver side central locking and window issue

Hi guys, I recently bought an Audi a2 1.4 SE 2001, I bought it knowing that the driver side window wasn't working. I was hoping that this was simple to fix but it's proving to be a bit tricky as i also discovered the central locking works on all doors but the drivers. Symptoms: Driver...
  5. M

Help Please - A2 2000 Battery Drain, Fuses 36 & 42 - Central Locking

Hello. The title contains a lot but I think it's all connected. My question is below my 'quick' explanation. My battery drains in a day or so. I've checked current battery but also replaced the battery, just to be sure. Both do the same. I read this post>>...
  6. E

Door lock problem, but the lock itself is fine!

Hi! I have a beautiful A2 1,4 petrol. Everything works fine, but the rear doorlock on the passenger side (right) doesnt work. All other locks work fine. I hear a clicking sound from the door when I open with remote, but not when I close. Have tried changing the lock three times, same result. So...
  7. D

Central locking cycling on startup

Hello all. I've got a 2001 1.4TDi 75 which has been giving me a headache. When you jump in the car after it's been left for a period of time and start it up the central locking starts cycling. I think that it's constantly trying to unlock the doors because I can open the driver's door at any...
  8. M

central locking problems , click click noise + door key remote not working

Hi all I would first like to introduce my self as a new owner (two weeks now) of a 2002 1.4 se tdi in dark blue which I bought for my wife to do the school runs and get to work which I paid the sum of £1900 for – the car has 100k on the clock and is far from perfect and needs lot’s of little...
  9. D

Flat battery, EPC Warning, Central Locking and Steering fault

Ouch, I need some help! I started my car this evening, drove 4.5 miles and when I put the car into reverse to park, the power steering failed and the warning light came on. I turned the engine off and tried to restart as I thought it might be a simple fix to "re-set" the steering...
  10. Deadman

Can't lock rear doors!

Hi chaps, long time and all that! Everything's been going fine, but yesterday after an uneventful drive I went to lock the car and nothing happened. I tried my spare key, same result. The central locking seems to work using the interior door switch (the usual clunk can be heard) but the...
  11. D

Central Locking problem

Hope someone can shed some light for me. We purchased an A2 a week ago and when we went to go out last night the front Passenger door would not open from the outside, I opened it from the inside by pulling the handle twice but now the Door won't lock at all with the central locking. Someone has...
  12. N

Central convenience unit playing up.

hi everyone, does anyone know why all the doors will unlock with the fob or key but the drivers door will only lock with a manual turn of the key in its lock? the drivers electric window is also out of action if they're linked. is it a faulty wire in the door or the central convenience unit...
  13. A

Central Locking System

:(Hi All, I bought a 2001 A2 in March and have had continuing problems with the central locking system. When you lock with the remote the lights don't usually flash as described in the manual, however very occassionally they do and only then do the little LEDs in the door also flash. Usually...
Back