engine mount

1. M

Underbonnet too noisy (diesel). Engine and gearbox mounts?

Have recently bought a 1.4 tdi 75 BHP which at 176000 miles has a few noises. The rumble from the engine bay is louder than expected (my other car is an old Landy with a diesel engine). There may be a few causes as a bit of a rattle does often go away on pressing the clutch when in neutral. But...
  2. ProjectGT

Engine Mounts

I have some significant engine movement. 1.4 TDi 2005 BHC I recently replaced the dog mount with a brand new VW Polo 1.9 diesel mount which did not resolve it. The vibrations/movement are very apparent at idle, even with the clutch dipped (that rules out warn driveshafts etc). The gearbox side...
  3. B

Engine mount 2005 1,4TDI

Hi! I have a 2005 1,4TDI with 260000 km. Recently it has developed a knocking/rattling sound when swinging around corners at low revs (1800 or lower). I changed the whole front suspension and running gear including the (outer) CV joints last summer so am pretty sure it is not related to the...
  4. X

Engine mounts - worn or not AUA 1.4

Have some small issues with judder when shifting and when I release the gas pedal a bit abrupt. Have so far replaced the dogbone which improved alot. But have still some play I want to fix. See the clip where I twist the engine with the handbrake engaged and releasing clutch. Do you think the...
  5. G

rumble through car on motorway

Hello let me introduce myself I picked up a 130k miles A2 1.4SE petrol yesterday, I have wanted one of these for a while. However I have a noticeable rumble vibration feel, not highly aggressive but it spoils an otherwise pindrop silent 70mph journey. You feel it more under load or acceleration...
Back