tyres

1. J

Pepperpot Tyre Size

Hi, i have managed to find a set of pepperpots locally for a good price. currently the tyres on them are as follows: 2 x 185/60R15 - these are barely legal 2 x 185/65R15 - brand new, almost no wear I need to replace the 2 old tyres, but if i put on new 185/65R15 are these too big? i dont...
  2. SnubNose

ContiPremiumContact 2 185/50r16 tyres fitted.

Hi Guys Well at long last I needed to stick my hand in my pocket for some new rubber. Some will think me a tyre snob, but I will only ever fit premium brand tyres to my cars. With this tyre size there is not much choice, Continental, Bridgestone, for a standard summer tyre. There is only a very...
  3. delta

15" pepperpot tyre choice

Well time for new tyres. Decided to use my pepper pots to put new rubber on. I was using them for winter tyres but now want to put some tyres on that should be good year long. Would I be right thinking that 185 55 15 would be a suitable tyre choice? Any suggestions for tyres welcome...
  4. CwK80

Boring Tyre Query!

Hey folks... apologies for not being on here for a long time. But I have a boring tyre question/query to ask! My car has gone through the MOT with an advisory on 3 of the tyres. Both rear tyres and the NS front have cuts on the tyre wall. The NS front has a very slow puncture because of it...
  5. Alan_uk

Uneven tyre wear - Any point swapping wheels -

Hit a raised manhole cover at some roadworks yesterday at about 20-25mph. Very small manhole which I think makes it worse. Sounded and felt bad. I checked the outside of the tyres and they look OK. In for a service tomorrow so I will get them to check the inner side. Presuming everything looks...
  6. ndavid

Studded vs. friction tyres

I came to Northern Finland in this February and my car has brand new Conti TS850 tyres fitted. Before the trip my Finnish boss said that I MUST change my tyres immediately when I'm arriving to Turku or even before, in Sweden somewhere otherwise I will never reach Oulu and I will die under a...
  7. KneesUp

Do mytyres still stock the A2 winter tyres and steel wheels combo?

I've been trying to order a set of steel-wheels and winter tyres from mytyres. In the distant past they have been able to supply but the site keeps saying 'out of stock' and has done for ages. Their customer services can't tell me whether the product has been discontinued. They just keep saying...
  8. P

Looking for a cheap wheel and tyre

I've been told by Audi that I have a buckled wheel which needs replacing asap. The tyre also has feathering so that will need to be replaced too. They have quoted me £378 to fix but I wondered if there is anywhere else that I can get the parts. I've tried ebay but can only find wheels that...
  9. S

Wheel wobble

Hi, I bought a 51 plate 1.4 SE last week. All good apart from a serious wheel shudder at 60mph+. The wheels were balanced before I bought it, so I can only assume that i have a buckle. The wheels are 17 inch 205/40 ZR17 84W on both front and back. Wheel shudder aside I'm pretty unimpressed...
  10. Foghorn

Tyre Size Upgrade to 195/50/16 ?

Firstly can I put these on the standard 16" alloy that are currently shod with 185s? I have just replaced two 185 tyres on the front and the rears will be due soon. However when I did a search for tyre prices I mistakenly put in 195 and can't believe that these tyre sizes are HALF the price...
  11. B

audi a2 air conditioning and tyres..

HEY GUYS, IM KINDA NEW TO MY AUDI A2 BUT WAS WONDERING, IVE GOT AN AUDI A2 2000 1.4 SE.....does it have air conditioning, i mean i can always get heater on, its always warm air but does it have air conditioning as in cool air an stuff....i cant seem to get it on, may be its just that it doesnt...
Back