£169 for alarm repair and STILL going off - what are my rights??

Hello, was having big alarm problems (basically going off all the time on it's own). Audi took it in and replaced a part and said it was fixed, did mention another fault had been coming up - but assured it wasn't this and that they had fixed the problem.

Cost £169 and is STILL going off! Servicing is closed Sundays, am going to ring up tomorrow but just wondered if they should look again and repair for free? Basically looks like I have bought a replacement part (£92) for something that wasn't faulty in the first place! Bigger issue is my alarm is going off all night every night and has started doing it in the day too. Right now I feel like just getting rid of the car by any means possible! Can't go on like this!

Any help/advice much appreciated!

Thanks,

Hannah

Sorry to hear that, Hannah. If they said it was fixed, then they should repair it properly - for free.

When you said the dealer told you it was the 'central controller box' (I assume that's the Convenience Unit) I had the feeling they didn't check which alarm trigger was setting it off all the time. I then thought dealers may have done some good work for once... anyways.

Like I said before, clear fault code, wait for it to go off and re-scan. But this time I suggest you get the actual fault codes, not a description, but exactly what the computer says. Then post it here and see if the collective power can help. You mentioned the roof sensor, if it was unplugged, I'm not sure that should stop it from triggering? I imagine my own issue with glass breakage sensor that I need to complete the circuit rather than disconnecting it. Also, if available, a particular sensor can be disabled in the computer rather than physically doing anything. While not actually solving the issue but should stop alarm from going off. I think the glass breakage sensor can be disabled via a VAG-COM re-code and I don't give two pennies because the damage is already done if the glass was broken and the alarm being so quiet! So may be your roof sensor can be disabled as well (if that's the actual problem)?

Back