03 A2 Wiper Arm Problem

ksimpson

Hi,

Picked up a 03 1.6 FSI Sport for my wife today. We noticed that the wiper was vibrating against the windscreen. I thought it was the blade, but on closer inspection, I saw that it was the plate where the two arms join and the wiper blade is connected. The trailing underside of the plate is scratching the windscreen at the bottom and also vibrating off the screen when driving.

I checked the wiper arm nuts. The lower one was possibly a bit loose, but I don't think it was enough to cause the proplem.

Best I could do was to twist the plate until the trailing end of it wasn't touching the windscreen. I took it for a drive and ran the wipers and it appears to have cured it, but for how long?

Has anyone experienced this? Do I need a new wiper arm? If so, how much?

Thanks,

Ken.

just having a guess but could the rubber be worn out causing the metal to drag? if so the rubber blade is around £14.

Hi

I also have the same problem on my TDI Sport, It usually starts off with a tapping noise and is often worse when it is raining (and even worse when driving on the motorway).

A quick twist of the lower arm helps to move the arm away from the windscreen but this is not the long term cure. I have also changed the wiper blade. (£14 from Audi) as I thought it was the rubber that had slowly eroded over the time, but to no avail.

Spoke to Glasgow Audi, they dont have any prior knowledge or technical bulletins about this problem, so any help appreciated.

Simply bend it more down. So the wiper is on the windscrenn and not the plastik part in the middle there. This is easy to do with your hands. Bend down the slim metal stripe which goes down were the wiper is mounted. So the Arm and plastic part will be more away from the screen.

Had the same problem and also tried bending the wiper arm - SFA effect. Changed the wiper blade and - bingo -problem sorted.

Back