1.2 TDI - Cruise Control (Reisegeschwindigkeitskontrolle)

Erling

Apologies for English, I have no German.
(Babel Fish - Entschuldigungen für Englisch, habe ich kein Deutsches.)

Can Cruise Control be fitted to 1.2 TDI tiptronic?
(Babel Fish - Kann Reisegeschwindigkeitskontrolle zu 1.2 tiptronic TDI gepaßt werden?)

Erling

Hi Erling
I don't know the answer but was hoping one of our German friends could help. A good starting point would be for someone with a European price list to advise if cruise was listed as an option on this model.

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
Erling said:
Apologies for English, I have no German.
(Babel Fish - Entschuldigungen für Englisch, habe ich kein Deutsches.)

Can Cruise Control be fitted to 1.2 TDI tiptronic?
(Babel Fish - Kann Reisegeschwindigkeitskontrolle zu 1.2 tiptronic TDI gepaßt werden?)

Erling

The 1.2's arn't Tiptronic, I believe its a CVT transmission (Multitronic in Audi speak). Tiptronic is a full auto box with paddles on the steering wheel - I dont think the 1.2's have paddles (do they?) - CVT gives better consumption and performance over a true torque splitting auto box.

So, I presume the 1.2 cant have Audi cruise retro fitted like the 1.4 - I imagine its got a fly-by-wire throttle but I guess if its not a factory option then 3rd party cruise is the only option (which can be fitted to virtually any car).

Having tried to fit cruise to Erlings 1.2, I can tell you for certain that the Audi cruise system will not work witht e 1.2s engine ECU.

It would seem that the channels normally used to carry cruise data are used to carry the transmission data on the 1.2, so aftermarket is the only way.

Cheers,

Mike

Skipton01 said:
... so aftermarket is the only way.

Yes Skipton01 is correct, the A2 1.2 does need a different version of cruise control due to the lack of another free channel. The above mentioned “ZEMCO AP 500“ unit works flawlessly according to several 1.2 drivers over here. No complaints at all...

Greets

Back