1.4 Petrol Owners, VCDS Query. Help Please.

PlasticMac

Admin Team
United-Kingdom
Hi
I'd like to know which VCDS .LBL, (or .lbl), file is used for scanning the ECU, (Engine Controller).
The Lable file name is in a window in the top left of the screen. I'd need this info for AUA and BBY engines.
I want to create a VCDS Group and Block guide, for future diagnosing, and logging, but to do that, I need the lable file name, as there doesn't appear to be a specific AUA or BBY file.
Could anyone with a 1.4 Petrol, and VCDS, note this info and let me know. Thanks.
Mac.

Afternoon Mac,

Does this thread help at all:

Post #4 in particular. I’ll be back with the MacBook in the next few hours to check the full scan reports I have saved on there for the 1.4 Petrol engine.

Kind regards,

Tom

Afternoon Mac,

Does this thread help at all:

Post #4 in particular. I’ll be back with the MacBook in the next few hours to check the full scan reports I have saved on there for the 1.4 Petrol engine.

Kind regards,

Tom
Yes, just what I was after. Is that AUA or BBY engine? I suspect they will both be:
036-906-034-APE.lbl
Mac.

Yes, just what I was after. Is that AUA or BBY engine? I suspect they will both be:
036-906-034-APE.lbl
Mac.
Hi Mac,

Glad to be able to help Sir, of note the linked thread is actually yours from just under a month ago. From memory the 2 scan reports are from both an AUA and a BBY, the first is AUA and the second is BBY but this is just going from the year within the VIN and the second report could also still be an AUA due to the year of changing form AUA to BBY. Hopefully someone with a BBY can add comment.

Only just noticed your final comment on the linked thread. I've never been too bothered about removing the VIN from any report when displaying a report as Uwe on the Ross-Tech forum often mentions that we all have this on public display (forward left corner of dashboard) on our vehicles anyway, if anyone really wanted to do get a VIN all they have to do is walk up to a car; fully understand the damage limitation by not assisting unscrupulous people in the first place though.

Kind regards,

Tom

036-906-034-APE.lbl
Mac.
AUA and BBY are both stated within 036-906-034-APE.LBL?

; Audi A2 (8Z) / Skoda Fabia (6Y) / VW Caddy (9K) / VW Golf/Bora/Jetta (1J)
; VW Lupo (6X) / VW Polo (6N) / VW Polo (9N)
;
; Component: Engine (#01) - APE/AQQ/AUA/AUB/BBY/BBZ/BKY

Andy

AUA and BBY are both stated within 036-906-034-APE.LBL?

; Audi A2 (8Z) / Skoda Fabia (6Y) / VW Caddy (9K) / VW Golf/Bora/Jetta (1J)
; VW Lupo (6X) / VW Polo (6N) / VW Polo (9N)
;
; Component: Engine (#01) - APE/AQQ/AUA/AUB/BBY/BBZ/BKY

Andy
Thanks Andy and Tom.
That's what I'd thought would be the case Andy, but I haven't started going through the APE file today. Thanks for checking. Is the same APE lbl file in the full version?
Mac.

Thanks Andy and Tom.
That's what I'd thought would be the case Andy, but I haven't started going through the APE file today. Thanks for checking. Is the same APE lbl file in the full version?
Mac.
My extract above is from the APE.lbl file is from my full VCDS labels folder.

Andy

Back