1.4 tdi Oil leak :(

A22B

Hi All,

the low oil light popped up today. I thought this was strange as about 4 weeks ago, I checked the oil and it was fine.

Anyway, coming home I noticed oil on my drive.

b****r.

What are the possible causes?

Cheers

Paul

Oil filler pipe and o-rings a possibility, but would say check out the sump nut, oil filter etc also;)

Thanks Doctor. Will have a look tomorrow and then maybe pop it into the local garage.

Anyone know what these things may cost to fix at a garage? Or is it worth sourcing the parts myself and then taking to my mechanic friend...?!

Cheers all.

Paul

No probs mate, I think the oil filler pipe and seals are about 70-80 quid and no more than 1 hours labour I reckon, I had the exact same issue a while back and it turned out to be this. I'm sure someone else will come back and give you further help. Cheers

Its worth checking the top end first - Can't remember the exact detail but I dislodged the connection between the swing out filler on the service flap and the pipe when lowering the engine on my TDi to do the cambelt. I started the engine up and oil sprayed everywhere. Even though the undertray was off I'm sure I reconnected the pipe from above.

Cheers Spike

Brett/Spike,

thanks for the advice. I will go and explore and take some pics today.:confused:

Took the bonnet off and had a good look around, and also under the car. No sign of any leaks. Checked the oil level which shows it to be high. No leaks in the drive now.

Just started snowing here, so moved to a fresh patch of white. I'll move it later and see if there is a patch somewhere...

Back