1.4 tdi oil

pdiddy

The oil min light on my DIS has just illuminated. I own a 1.4 tdi (75hp), Which oil is suitable? The car is on variable servicing and is still showing 1500 miles till next service.

Is the oil only avaliable from VAG stealers, or can anyone recommend another type of oil. I only require a small amount as it will shortly be going in for its service.

The manual states only oil conforming to specifications VW 506 00 and VW 506 01, any help much appreciated. And also, some idea of cost.

Thanks Phil.

Dolphin grey tdi se, DIS, single cd.

Halfords or GSF Parts sell this oil. The main products out there are; Castrol SLX OW30 Long Life 2 and Shell Helix Ultra 0W30. Both meet VW 506 01, which is the type you need. Members to this club also get a discount at; www.opieoils.co.uk/lubricants.htm. Prices seem to be around £10-12/L. It's expensive, but not having enough oil in your engine is even more so ;)

2004 1.4 TDi (90) SE, Cobalt Blue, Climate control, Cruise control, DIS, Sport seats, Winter pack, Symphony II. (now sold)

Is this the same oil that's used in the TDI 90? I asked the $tealer for the top-up bottle since it was missing from my boot, but was told it is only supplied on new cars. Grrr.......

PS you can get nice Audi cases to hold the bottle of oil in (with funnels, wipes, etc. - check on eBay. They are velcro'd to stick to the side of the boot :D

Castrol edge replaces SLX II and it's £13.99 a litre from Halfords (used in all VAG engines on varaiable servicing). Waiting for the oil warning light to come on is not a good way of checking oil levels. The A2 has the easiest dip stick of any car to get at - spend an extra five minutes in the petrol station once a fortnight to do a visual check and top up as necessary, it could save you the cost of an engine replacement.

You can get the oil and cases off e-bay - the oil is cheap, but the P&P bumps up the price dramatically.

sounds like good advice but ever tried reading the dip stick not an easy task even worse when the oil has just been changed and is clean grrrrrrr

1.4 PETROL A2 BLACK WITH OPEN SKY AND REAR BENCH SEAT

That's a good price. Might be worth someone following up? Me - I bought some from the stealer a while back and haven't used any yet!

Well I was even luckier. My lad works for Halfords so going to get the oil at trade prices.

1.4 PETROL A2 BLACK WITH OPEN SKY AND REAR BENCH SEAT

Hi, Not sure what PD means?? Its a 2001 1.4 Tdi (75 bhp) I had it Variable serviced (by a dealer) in November and have noticed that the oil is creeping closer to the mini mark so I want to top it up with the correct long life oil (exactly the same would be my preference, if you know what Audi use?)

Thanks

Club members may be interested in the attached Audi oil recommendation chart which covers VW 50700 - a new spec for TDi engines. This appears to supercede, but not obsolete the previous longlife spec, VW 50601
Lists for Castrol and Fuchs oils are also included

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
If anybody is near sheffield they can have some oil from me. I bought a 60L barrel of SLX LongLife II 0w30

VW approved aswell.

Another site which I can recommend for oil is www.mapodo.de. Perfect service and delivery to Sweden in 7 days. The Castrol 5W-30 SLX III recommended for the latest diesels (WV 507.00) is 8,50 EUR/lit. I ordered 10 liters and ended up paying approx. 10 EUR/lit inkluding freight.

1.4tdi

READING ALL THE COMMENTS ABOUT THE OIL AND PRICES HAS ANYONE USED MORRIS OIL THEY ARE VAG APPROVED AND FOR 5LITRES IT IS ONLY
£30.00 HERE IS SOME MORE INFO BELOW
Multilife 0W/30 is a fully synthetic advanced multigrade lubricant, having the superior level of protection capability demanded by the latest high technology engines.
The synthetic base component not only ensures rapid circulation and protection during cold starts, but provides a strong low viscosity oil film that contributes to engine efficiency and energy savings.
Advanced additive technology provides long-term benefits including reduced wear on critical valve-train components, including camshafts and hydraulic cam-followers and maintains a high level of engine cleanliness.

Multilife 0W/30 has the following benefits:
1. Increased engine efficiency, output and fuel economy.
2. Rapid cold start flow that reduces noise and wear.
3. Increased film strength at high temperatures under all driving conditions.
4. High temperature deposit and anti-sludge control.
5. Low levels of volatility.

Multilife 0W/30 is recommended for the latest petrol and diesel engines, including turbo-charged versions requiring a low viscosity 0W/30 multigrade.
Can be used in model year 2002 onwards, Vauxhall / Opel petrol units. Additionally, Multilife 0W/30 may also be used against VW 503.00/503.01/506.00/506.01 standards, applicable to VAG vehicles (Audi, Seat, Skoda and Volkswagen), using fixed or variable service interval options.
Please note: Multilife 0W/30 should not be used in pre-2000 VAG models or pre-2002 Vauxhall / Opel models.

Back