1.4 tdi tuning past phase 1 remap/ tuning box

watkins4378

Hi,
I wondered if anyone had experience of modifying the 3 cylinder 1.4 tdi pd75 engine past remap or tuning box?
I am talking about larger pd150 injectors and turbo, adapting the exhaust manifold, front mounted intercooler as well as wheel, brake, exhaust/ egr and suspension improvements.
Looking for at least 150bhp and 260 lb ft torque!

Best wishes

Ian

I'm up to about the 130bhp and 250ft/lb torque mark, but the car has massive issues with putting the power onto the road through the front wheels!

I'm looking at an intercooler job in the spring and then I'll take stock throughout the summer and decide how to proceed further (if at all).

Cheers,

Mike

Front Grip

Hi, Thanks for the quick reply I noticed you have Awesome re-map, K&N filter, Milltek Sport exhaust- which is good to produce 130 bhp is that at the wheels or, flywheel.
My project ideas including changing injectors to pd150 spec (550), hybrid gt15/ 17 turbo, fmic. Going to have to think about lsd based upon your comments about grip. Plus brake and suspension upgrades.
I am trying to find out the max limit of the transmission in terms of torque.

Thanks

See my reply elsewhere to the torque/transmission issue.

As for the new injectors/turbo/ic, sounds great in theory, but I think you'll end up standing still in a cloud of smoke!

The pipe is about to be changed for a custom 2.5" stainless system, so there could be a change there (it's already de-catted) and Allard are going to be casting an expert eye in the near future too.

Cheers,

Mike

Progress

Hi, could you let me know how you go as things progress plse?

See my reply elsewhere to the torque/transmission issue.

As for the new injectors/turbo/ic, sounds great in theory, but I think you'll end up standing still in a cloud of smoke!

The pipe is about to be changed for a custom 2.5" stainless system, so there could be a change there (it's already de-catted) and Allard are going to be casting an expert eye in the near future too.

Cheers,

Mike

Back