1.4 TSI transplant anyone?

there are claims that both the 1.2 TSI and the 1.4TSI won't fit. I have only heard it from one source (the 2.0 TSI won't fit, either, before you ask).

However... why not just do a supercharger? it would be cheaper...

Bret

Look how tight it is with a 1.8T, let alone a 2.0TFSI! But looking at the pict, it looks as though it would fit... who knows, until you try it!

I then thought about it more, my instrument clock doesn't have the rev range for it! It would indeed be much easier with a supercharger. Should be able to get a M45 for <£300. Belt, fabricate a custom bracket, pipe work, Emerald M3D or MegaSquirt may be a job done ~£3k? But it still wont give me that extra 1k rpm that I really like in the 1.6FSI.

How much ('fuel management not included')?!

I have wondered if a mk4 Golf or Lupo/Polo 1.6 16v would make a suitable replacement for a 1.4, a GTI lump with throttle bodies in a basic A2 would be pleasant :)

The best instance of that engine is in the Lupo GTI (125 bhp). And often mated to a 6 speed gearbox that is A2 compatible :)

I think an amazing transplant would be the honda dohc 1.8 Vtec as found in the intergra type R - 190 bhp, light weight, no need for turbo's - simple and light weight and ultra-reliable.

if it can be done in an old mini, it must be possible in an A2 :D

The best instance of that engine is in the Lupo GTI (125 bhp). And often mated to a 6 speed gearbox that is A2 compatible :)

Oh now I didn't really need to hear that :(

Having said that and considering the relevant parts are for sale here, how difficult is an fsi conversion?

Back