1.4tdi BHC P3103 code

NIC NAC

Hi I have a 2005 1.4tdi BHC
The EML comes on the code that comes on is
19559 p3103 V157 Motor for intake flap Malfunction intermittent

I took the valve off to open the cover hoping to find the cogs teeth broken but looks fine , cannot see any missing.

It still could still be Valve itself and checks i can do on the valve?

Anybody know other checks I can do Fuses or wiring checks?

If your battery is strong and the cogs are good and not full of oil, check the connection and reset the error and go for a drive. Does the car drive smoothly? Just check by searching the code on Google with a2oc after it in the string. Maybe you only need to do calibration with a laptop to cycle the flaps?? Good luck and I'm sure someone will more knowledge than me will give you better advice

If your battery is strong and the cogs are good and not full of oil, check the connection and reset the error and go for a drive. Does the car drive smoothly? Just check by searching the code on Google with a2oc after it in the string. Maybe you only need to do calibration with a laptop to cycle the flaps?? Good luck and I'm sure someone will more knowledge than me will give you better advice
Yeah drives ok, i did do a clear but did come on after a few ignition cycles , Not sure if there is a calibration procedure will need to check.

I have a fix for this rather common fault code

It affect the bhc and atl engines Audi fixes it in 2011 on the atl but never did the bhc

Drop me a PM if you are interested

Cheers
Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Paul,

We have two such BHC A2's and both have the same fault code from time to time. Especially noticeable when only doing short journeys.
Would appreciate a fix if you have one.

Michael

Hi Paul,

We have two such BHC A2's and both have the same fault code from time to time. Especially noticeable when only doing short journeys.
Would appreciate a fix if you have one.

Michael

Pm sent

I have a fix for this rather common fault code

It affect the bhc and atl engines Audi fixes it in 2011 on the atl but never did the bhc

Drop me a PM if you are interested

Cheers
Paul

Hi, I'm new to the A2OC having only bought a very tidy 2005 1.4 TDi BHC with 113k and FSH. The car has had the EML on for over 5-years according to the previous owner and the MOT history (Marked each year as an advisory). The car starts, runs and turns off fine and this fault seems to have little effect, although I have nothing to compare it with. The engine feels a bit 'agricultural' and lumpy but I guess that's typical of an old 3-cylinder TDi engine when you've been used to a more modern 4-cylinder CR engined car.

I have OBDeleven but this seems unable to clear this fault. Is this an intake manifold flap motor problem and are they difficult and expensive to repair. I'll obviously carry out the work myself but want to know what I'm letting myself in for. I was therefore curious when I saw you response to someone else saying you have a fix; would you please mind sharing the fix to see whether or not it works for my car>

Best Regards,

Nick

ECDF0617-0D65-4D18-A1D0-C997C5C0D238.jpeg

The Audi "fix" that Paul can carry out for you is a new software that increases the tolerances on the ASV position. As such it is a purely software fix so any further mechanical issues may not be covered by the new software.

Hi, I'm new to the A2OC having only bought a very tidy 2005 1.4 TDi BHC with 113k and FSH. The car has had the EML on for over 5-years according to the previous owner and the MOT history (Marked each year as an advisory). The car starts, runs and turns off fine and this fault seems to have little effect, although I have nothing to compare it with. The engine feels a bit 'agricultural' and lumpy but I guess that's typical of an old 3-cylinder TDi engine when you've been used to a more modern 4-cylinder CR engined car.

I have OBDeleven but this seems unable to clear this fault. Is this an intake manifold flap motor problem and are they difficult and expensive to repair. I'll obviously carry out the work myself but want to know what I'm letting myself in for. I was therefore curious when I saw you response to someone else saying you have a fix; would you please mind sharing the fix to see whether or not it works for my car>

Best Regards,

Nick
Did you get your car from Lancaster by any chance?

Yes, I bought it from a really nice bloke living close to Morecambe who had owned it for the past 11-years and took really good care of it. Do you know the previous owner or the car?

Attachments

• 7B5BBE62-E8C7-4C48-AFCA-43EEE171FC45.jpeg
    7B5BBE62-E8C7-4C48-AFCA-43EEE171FC45.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 89
Yes, I bought it from a really nice bloke living close to Morecambe who had owned it for the past 11-years and took really good care of it. Do you know the previous owner or the car?
No, but I wanted to buy it lol. I had seen it within minutes of been listed but had to forgo it as moving house very soon and it's 2 hours away lol.
The message I got back from the seller was very nice and gave a warm feeling about the car, your a lucky man as this will always be the one that got away for me-first dibs if you ever want to sell lol!

I’ve had the flap motor housing off today and it was clean as a whistle. The butterfly wis wide open and could easily be closed with lightish finger pressure. Felt like there was spring resistance. I was unable to take the motor apart, the screws came out easily enough and it separated resistance was felt when trying to remove the rectangular housing. Looking through the crack, I could see a white nylon gear wheel, which looked ok, no apps stripped teeth like other people have found.

The question is, should the butterfly be able to move under light pressure or should it be rigid and only close when the motor moves the internal gear wheel?

After refitting, I was able to clear the fault and turn off the EML but upon tiring the engine off and then restarting it, the EML light came back on.

If I understand properly, the butterfly closes when the engine is switched off helping to shut down the engine by starving it of air and prevent engine runaway if ingesting engine oil, if for example the turbo seals blew and fed oil into the intake manifold.

Anyway, every day is a learning day, any pointers or tips would be most welcome.

I also have ABS light on with DTC 01435 -brake pressure sensor 1 to investigate too. Seems plenty online about it and likely cause being associated with the master cylinder; we shall see.

Cheers and best regards to all other A2 enthusiasts 👍🏻

Attachments

• 6EDD550E-B7BA-4953-9C55-0E75B2685EFE.jpeg
    6EDD550E-B7BA-4953-9C55-0E75B2685EFE.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 92
  • EC70BD5C-79C0-4FE7-A1A2-A538899452EB.jpeg
    EC70BD5C-79C0-4FE7-A1A2-A538899452EB.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 91
  • B92EE2A0-36E3-4586-85E8-32F691963265.jpeg
    B92EE2A0-36E3-4586-85E8-32F691963265.jpeg
    3.9 MB · Views: 104
  • 076B76D0-94FC-4726-AB5B-65E5890DA435.jpeg
    076B76D0-94FC-4726-AB5B-65E5890DA435.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 114
As per previous suggestion. I would contact Paul "Depronman" and ask him for a software update. Its a relatively cheap fix and worth a trip up to St Anne's. 👍:)

I agree it’s a good option and only an hour up the road; however, it’s worth seeing whether I can sort it out without having to mess with the software settings.

Incidentally, I found this repair kit on eBay for anyone with stripped teeth as a cheap fix.

Attachments

• 507CFC30-62F9-4FBA-B088-5A65505FFF85.jpeg
    507CFC30-62F9-4FBA-B088-5A65505FFF85.jpeg
    302.9 KB · Views: 73
Back