1.6 fsi down 20 per cent fuel

A2 1.6 fsi

This is my very 1st message
Firstly i do hope u all had a good xmas 2 u all A2 club members.
Ive spent a small fortune on my A2,the rescent item i bought was a air mass meter(original part Bosch). Its fine when cold but as soon as the temp gauge hits the middle mark(90 degrees)its only half the car could this be a injector/s problem? The EML flickers then i assume runs on the safe mode which goes steady light.
Again once all cooled down the repeat of above starts all over again. Any suggestions please ps the car has done over 102,000 miles Cheers

:confused:

hi dantheman38 to diagnose the problem we need more info......have you any error codes from a scan? why did you change the air flow sensor? do you run on high octane unleaded fuel?(fsi needs this really).
it sounds to me that it could be a lambda probe or cat at fault given that you are using more fuel. hope this helps where in the country are you?
cheers mike

Hi Mike

Thanks for coming back so quickly. I have had faults in the past with misfire across No2&4 cylinders-16686 and a multimisfire over all cylinders but slight,
Audi have re-newed new manifold, valve stuff ie...vac unit, sensor, air flap&EGR accuator, solonoid, throttle body, potentiometer all the waterworks thermostat pipes hoses.

I even recently had the waterpump, cambelt and power steering belt changed
which doesn’t relate 2 the above probs.

It was mentioned to give the Air Mass Meter a go but didn’t make any difference. They did say it could be a Camchain Adjuster NOT camchain which is making the car loss of power.

But for all the other Audi owners this would eliminate that diesel noise who in the past have complained about and, wait for it would cost u £1051.27
What about fuel injectors? If so why doesn’t it show up straight away instead of waiting for that 90degree mark as mentioned or last but not least i can think of ECU control unit?

Cheers Mike

Dan the Man :confused:

PS I'm based in South West London

Back