1.6 FSI & Petrol

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlarner

How many 1.6 FSI owners run their car on standard unleaded or super unleaded or Shell Optimax.

Does the fuel affect the performance in day to day use?
Does the fuel affect the mpg in day to day use?
(I don't want to start a thread about Audi's mpg figures/claims because the DETR test procedures don't really equate with day to day use)

I've only every run mine on ordinary and am getting 42mpg :))or[:0]) spread over 2000m since I bought a dealer demonstrator with 3400m on the clock.

Basically, should I spend/is it worth an extra 4p per litre?

2002 FSi SE, Ebony Black with Red Nappa Leather, Tinted Security Glass

We use Optimax in the smart - we only use about 15 litres a week so 60p isn't worth worrying about - no difference in mileage, but the engine and pick up are much smoother. Its supposed to clean the engine too. At the end of the day it's personal choice, but Audi recommend 98 RON for the petrol engine.

Well - I've only had my Fsi for about 2500 miles or so and I've only really used Optimax as it does say that Audi recommend 98 RON fuel. I believe (subjective this) that it's a smoother drive and that although I am enjoying the performance ;) I'm still getting 41+ Mpg from my little one. Unfortunately most of my journeys are on my local commute to work (12 miles each way - not good for fuel consumption) and on the occasional longer motorway trips where I get the chance to push the envelope a bit..[}:)]

I think it really boils down to availability of Optimax. There's a Shell station fairly close to me so it's not a struggle.

I'm sticking with Optimax unless someone tells me different.

Take Care

Kit

Dolphin Grey 1.6 FSI SE with Red Leather, ECC, DIS & Symphony 6 CD

I normally use Optimax but when the car went into the dealer for some trim rattles to be removed they filled it with 95RON (free of charge - which was nice). It seemed to give about 3mpg less than usual so I guess I'll stick to Shell.

JR

A2 1.6 FSI, Cobalt blue, OpenSky, etc.

Optimax is actually more than 98 RON, more like 99 i think

i think most super unleaded is ok.

What u REALLY want is sulphur free fuel which is avialbe in Edinburgh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back