15" forged wheels

John H

Does anyone know who manufactures these?

Also, mine have been sprayed silver, presumably cos the laquer had gone. How easy is it to re-polish them, or should I leave well alone?

Cheers

John H

Hi John
According to the attached list they are made by Fuchs.
I'm in the process of refurbishing a spare set of polished wheels ( £30 for 4 off e.bay) but it's quite time consuming - paint stripper to remove the laquer then finer and finer grades of wet or dry paper followed by a polishing mop. With painted ones I would be tempted to keep as much of the silver paint as possible and only strip / polish the fronts.

Cheers Spike

Hi John
According to the attached list they are made by Fuchs.

WOW ... cooler than cool! :D

As a Porsche owner, Fuchs wheels are of course the holy grail.
I'm thrilled to find that my wee Audi has Fuchs wheels!

:D

bet audi would disagree, i saw them on the winning car at le mans last year:p

and the lamborghini and the aston and the first place wrc car..........

Last edited:
Perhaps, but you can buy OZ wheels in Halfords, which for me takes the shine off a bit.

I've always had a bit of a fascination with early alloy wheels, stuff like Minilites and Hallibrands and Campagnolos ... and of course Fuchs. To me they are a reminder of the 70's and 80's when you could still actually admit to enjoying cars without being branded some sort of eco-terrorist.

:cool:

Incidentally, I took the rear wheels off today to clean and paint the drums ...Boy, are they ever light! No wonder the car rides so well.

JH

Back