17432 errors

mk1_nutter

My memosan doesn't give me descriptions and i cant seem to find the diagnosis online for this error. Its a 1.6 FSi.

ah yes!

I had it scanned today using a Snap-On tool and its said

17432 Control Valve Fuel Pressure-N276 Open Circuit P1024

Is there any help on how I might be able to fix this error? Nothing seems to come up on search

Can anybody help me in tracing this loom. Its very difficult accessing the control valve as its hidden by the inlet manifold.

Last edited:
I found the original connector had been snapped into peices and the loom was just pushed into the sensor......

anyhow here is a few steps to get the inlet off: (this is a very short list where i may have missed a a few bits out.)

Un-do left side engine mount
shift engine forward and a little down using a jack to support underneath
Remove the air intake pipe (2 circular clips on either side of Air mas-flow, remember to unclip loom)
remove fuel rail and the two pipes on the left side (2 allen bolts)
Remove bracket on right of engine above fuel pump (10mm)
Remove the throttle body ( i think thats its name) and the 2 loom connection one on top one on the rear (2 allen bolts that hold it to a bracket and 4 spleen bolts that bolt it to the inlet)

Down under the car to get to the back of the engine:

Remove catch tank on rear. (1 allen bolt around the top of the unit)
While your here, remove the pipe that goes onto the rear bottom of the inlet (Jubilee clip on my engine)
Remove bracket bolted on to the bottom of the inlet (2 allen bolts)

Back to the top

Now remove the allen bolts that hold the inlet.

Hopefully thats everything.

I took me about 2 hours

Thanks for the really comprehensive write up on how to dismantle this part of the A2.
Our FSI's are fantastic cars, but there is little space to work on them when anything needs replacing.

Did you get your fuel sensor fixed?

Back