18" Wheel Upgrade

jamjia

Hi everyone,

Been reading the forms for info on upgrading wheels... Was thinking of getting 18" A8 wheels, cos they look da bomb! But just wondering what i'd need to do to get them to fit? I was thinking of 205/35/18 tyres with the 18" alloys to keep the overall diameter+circumfrence the same as the 17" sport alloys with 205/40/17... Is this cool? let me know please, and also, with this offset business, should I be worried if its not ET38 but ET35??? Does that really make a difference at full lock? can anyone with ET35 experience shed some info on this? Thanks very much.

Jia

18s

I did see a Danish member with 18s on his but I can't remember his name. He also included pics on this site. Vidum from Norway managed to fit 19s and his pics are in the gallery.
As for the offset, you'll probably have to check out the link that Skipton01 posted on an earlier thread if you want to see the calculation.
As for what they'll be like on full lock, perhaps you can send a message to the Danish guy and ask his opinion.

I would be very careful of going over (or under, depending on which way you look at it) the inner clearances on an A2.

As some of you know, I have changed my standard 17" RS4 wheels for 17" TT wheels, which are 7.5J wide, as opposed to the 7J of the standard wheels.

The offset is 32, which equates to the same inner clearance as before, but on changing my front brakes yesterday, I noticed a slight amount of rubbing on the nearside inner arch liner.

It is only slight and I have gone up to 215/40 tyres for improved ride comfort (which works), nothing to worry about really, but anything more than this will almost certainly lead to consequences which may invalidate your warranty and possibly affect your tyres and hence your safety.

Cheers,

Mike

Back