200 miles from home and engine mangement warning light on

andyd

The engine mangement warning light on my 9 year old 75k miles 1.4 petrol A2 came on today after I stalled and stayed on for 10 minutes or so diving at 40-70 mph. Then suddenly the both the ABS and braking system warning lights came on. Panicked I pulled over and after reading the manual checked the break fluid level, which was on max. After re-starting the car both brake warning lights went off, but the EM light stayed on.
I have to drive to west Cork tonight. Is this wise? Being a bank a bank holiday in Ireland-with no Audi Dealers open till Tueday- can I feasibly carry on my 300 mile tour with family:eek:r play safe dump the car and take the train home to Dublin.

Cheers in advance.

Andy

Fear not, continue your drive and then get the car scanned at your earliest convenience.

Faults of this sort are not uncommon, but they are alarming when they do occur.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks Mike,

Your advice was spot on- 400 miles under a variety of conditions and the engine seems fine. I am currently checking to see if the dealer, where I bought the car, will look at it under the three month engine and gearbox warranty later this week.

Cheers
Andy

Best of luck - you should be covered by the warranty, at least for investigation work. If it turns out to be a faulty ABS sensor or the like, then you probably wouldn't be covered, as it's not an engine or gearbox part.

Cheers,

Mike

Apologies for not providing a postscript earlier but,

last Monday the engine mangement warning light magically turned itself off
and has remained off. So hopefully that is the end of that particular adventure.

Thanks Mike once again for your advice.

Andy

Back