2000rpm trouble

Hi all, I've asked for some help once b4 and still having trouble, the problem is as follows

Car starts fine now after service, maf changed, n75 valve changed but still have this problem

Engine pulls fine to 2000 rpm but no fault codes what so ever, did go through a patch of not starting but all seems fine now, doesn't matter what hear only pulls to 2000 rpm and no more, could it be the crank sensor perhaps ? I've spent a little over a grand now in garedges but nothing seems to help

Thanks

Hi robdadof41972,

A few questions:

1. Model of car (1.4, 1.6 petrol or 1.4TDi)?
2. Age of car?
3. Has the fuel filter been changed recently?
4. What make you think there are no fault codes being logged (scan with VCDS, other diag tools or just no warning lamps lit)?
5. Does it rev past 2k RPM in neutral when blipping the throttle?

I'd expect some DTC's to be logged with this issue.

Cheers

Jeff

Hi and sorry about lack of info

1.4tdi, 2002

No fault codes found in Garadge, nothing what so ever, yes had a full audi service so filter was done

What suggestions did you get before?
I can't believe the car won't be logging something - what are they using to scan for fault codes? Find someone with VAGCOM who can do some real-time engine logging as you're driving to try and find out what the problem is.

It's been to 2 local places, even the Aa man next door couldn't find any fault codes

Trouble is its perfect under 2000 all the time

Back