4C67 Error - motor for intake manifold flap defective !!!!!

nimz365

hi

I recently have engine management light on. came on when I'm doing over 80 mph (rarely doing such speeds but was in a rush the other day) engine mangamnet light came on and the car lost power immediately and went into safely mode.

took it to local garage and he said : error 4C67: motor for intake manifold flap defective.

I have notice a lot of black smoke coming from exhaust on heavy acceleration.

please can someone tell me simply what I need to buy and how much it should cost rectify the problem. don't mind the cost as long as its sorted, don't want EML on again and reduced black smoke from exhaust.

I am based in NW london, anyone help with parts and labour??

From your profile I see you have a 2002 TDi - which should have the AMF engine code.
The manifold flap is a bit like a carburettor butterfly and on these engines its built into the EGR valve housing. Unless its carboned up or the link rod has fallen off there is not too much to go wrong so the problem is more likely to be with the vacuum hoses or control valve
There are pics of the EGR valve in this post (the vacuum capsule and link rod are black plastic) - http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?15638-EGR-Valve-Bypass-Stealth-Racing&p=120794#post120794

Cheers Spike

hi thanks for the reply

would this explain why the car shudders a lot when starting?
can the faulty EGR unit cause a lot of black smoke when accelerating hard?

should i get both replaced?
how much do you think it will cost to get new EGR and ant-shudder parts?

thank you

Back