60,000 mile service TDI

ldtopham

Hello, I am new to this site and would be appreciative of the following info.

I have owned my 2002 1.4TDI SE from new and can say without doubt it is the best car I have ever owned. I prefer it over the cars we've had that cost nearly twice the money! It has been a commuter car, shopping car, tip run, .....you name it my A2 has probably carried it;) I have had no major problems just a failed indicator relay and the anti roll bar issue that the early cars suffered from. I can't see a time where I will part with it so am after the following info if anyone reading this can help;)

I now need to do a 60,000 mile service but having just moved house cannot find my service guide for 'love nor money':eek: Can someone please list what the Audi recommended parts replacement are for the above service. I did the diesel filter and brake fluid last year so expect;

Oil, oil filter, air filter and pollen filter.
I know the front discs and pads need replacing, are standard recommended or another brand? I replaced the discs at 20,000 mile as they were badly corroded and appear to have gone the same way again!
I have a knocking coming from the front near side when turning left and coming off the throttle so this will need to be looked into. I had the anti roll bar and bush mod done under warranty, if the new bushes wear I presume the ARB will be OK and just a bush replacement required?

Apologies for all the questions on my first post but having neglected my 'pop up toaster' for a while I aim to get it in good order asap!

Regards,

Lee

I have bought front and rear discs and pads by Mintex, as recommended by Skipton and my trusted local mechanic. They are available through ebay for a little over 90 quid including postage (55 as you just need the front) link is:

http://myworld.ebay.co.uk/quality.car.parts

hope all goes well with your car and welcome to A2OC :D

Last edited:
Thanks for the welcome and link. I will try the Mintex set as the standard haven't lasted as well as I would have hoped for a car that is in use every day.

Does anyone know when the glow plugs should be replaced?

Cheers,

Welcome Lee. If you haven't had it done already and if you're not skint, then I would get the cambelt (& water pump) changed as well. Better safe than sorry.

You don't say what your location is, but if you are anywhere near Stealth Racing (Southam, Warwickshire) then I recommend getting them to do the whole lot - they own A2's themselves.

Last edited:
Funnily enough that's on my list of jobs to do. I'm booking it in with IVC in Leeds. From memory they quoted just over £300 for Audi cam belt kit-to include belts tensioners and water pump;)
Cheers,

Back