95.3mpg anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecoangel

Yes 95.3 average mpg - thats what the DIS said after 23 miles coming home from work in rush hour across Lincs/Leic/Notts last week.

OK I wasn't overtaking more than a couple of cars but I was keeping up with the traffic and driving at the national limits where ever possible.

Also the car was warm - from fill up at Grantham Service station - temp just below 90.

But that was on winter tyres (not the eco ones I've got for spring)

Our Friend Frido managed 76mpg on his trip home from Folkstone to Germany on the Autobahns.

Usually, I get around 70 mpg around town on short trips in cold weather - worst ever was 58mpg (measured tank to tank not DIS) averaging 69mph from Dusseldorf to Calais.

Over in Germany the 1.2 TDI is given 3 years relief from Road Tax and the lower spec D4 model is even more thrify and given 5 years tax free.

In Denmark this car is sold cheaper than the other A2 models

Here in the UK the Govt claims to want to lower emissions and gives Powershift Grants to LPG users and Hybrid cars (Petrol Electrics like Honda Insight and Toyota Prius). If they knew about this car I'm pretty sure Audi could sell more 1.2TDIs here than it does on it's home turf cause we have the highest fuel duty in Europe. With emissions lower than the Prius then Red Ken might have to conceed to a waiver on the London Congestion charge too.....

maybe i'm being too hopeful - but if you don't ask you don't get.

So any chance we could have an idea of numbers of folk here who'd welcome Audi UK importing this car officially? Maybe something for the A2OC site Stuart?

Cheers you environmentally aware drivers! ;)- even the other A2 models are cleaner than most machines on our congested roads!

Lukas

First A2 1.2 TDI in UK
Style pack + Chorus + Advance pack + winter wheels + iRiver MP3CD

Congratulations Lukas!
The lowest I ever got was 3.4 l/100 km.... but I run the A/C almost all the time...

Bye, Frido.

----
A2 1.2 TDI 2002 silver, CC, DIS, Apple iPod :)

Ahh.. and with aircon on, the 1.2 disables ECO mode. Still very impressive, I wish they had
sold the 1.2 engine without all the weight-saving, costly changes (including the semi-automatic gearbox).
On a German site (www.hs-elektronik.com) they offer to chip-tune the 1.2 to 90hp, 220 Nm torque. That's way
better than the standard 1.4 that already drives very well.

Werner Huysegoms

So Frido 83.1 mpg in airconditioned comfort - not bad!

Using Shezlee's converter my DIS would have read 2.96 l/100km.

I tend to use the manual on the tiptronic for acceleration up to traffic speed as quickly as possible then switch to E mode and put air con on Eco. Also prefer manual at roundabouts and for short stops. Only use start stop mode for long traffic lights.

Lukas

First A2 1.2 TDI in UK

Last summer i regularly managed to get 2.7 l/100km (which is 105 mpg) on the road from Kaiserslautern to Annweiler, even with aircon on!

The road is about 40 km long and goes through the Palatinate Wood, but there is very little traffic, not a single village, and it has zillions of bends so you can not drive faster than 80 km/h for the most time.

Once I even managed to get 2.9 l/100 km on the Autobahn! But I had a table on the roof rack and always stayed behind the lorries traveling constantly 90 km/h, because I was not that confident in the fastening of the table...

Martin

I am terrible I have never even looked at the fuel consumption of any of the cars in winter when it is cold I even go to the local supermarket *(about 500 ,meters by car) in the summer I grab a pushbike like most dutch for the rest we fill the Audi up twice a week with petrol and my fiat once a week with diesel.
I think the AUdi does about 17 kilometers on one liter petrol average but that figure is just made with a little calculator and some guessing

Jeff Huisman
2000 silver coloured A2 with some options :)

you can see this little german wunder car on the A2OC site - car of the month march 2003, now i think I sent Stuart some text to put with it......

Lukas

First A2 1.2 TDI in UK

oh and to celebrate gaining 3 green stars on the forum - another wee post!

www.greenconsumerguide.com have a big section on the A2 and hopefully will feature the 1.2 TDI by the end of this week

Cheers for now!

Lukas

First A2 1.2 TDI in UK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back