A bit of guidance please...

im333

My 1.4 2002 se has done just 25k miles.

It is set up for variable servicing. From new, it was taken to the dealer and had Longlife oil used. Then, the last owner (I bought it a few months back) realised she was only doing a few thousand miles per year and switched to a fully synthetic oil - fair enough....the long life is still a fully synthetic oil.

So, now it the VSI shows around 2,400 miles to the next service. The service intervals are short, but the driving is mainly short, town trips so no surprises there. Below is a summary of the servicing to date:

11/03 at 10,524 miles Longlife service
04/05 at 18,484 miles Longlife service
03/06 at 20,646 miles Oil change and Inspection service
05/07 at 23,881 miles Oil change and Inspection service

Now, as mentioned the indicator shows 2,400 mils to next service.
So,

- Will it be an oil change or the major, inspection type service?

- Should I stick to VSI or change to fixed? I do short short, town driving trips mainly...it seems this car has been serviced too regularly!

Thanks,
im333

I'd be tempted to take it into somewhere like Stafford Audi, who offer a Gold service for £189 on Ebay.

They will perform a full service on the car and advise you of what to do from there. The petrol models can go for up to 20k miles between services on VSI, so it's up to you whether you think you'd reap the benefits, over the fixed 10k miles service regime.

Cheers,

Mike

Back