A couple of niggley things

Jamiepw

Hi fellow A2 owners,

It has been just over a few weeks since i took ownership of my 1.4SE and i was wondering if anyone could shed some light on a few things that are not essentially annoying, but need rectifying.

1, I think i saw a thread but i cannot find it about this one, the lights are rather terrible for distance wise, i live in Norfolk and a lot of the villages do not have street lights and there is a lot of country road driving. Is there anything that i can do to increase the range/intensity of the lights?

2, Whenever i fill up the needle never gets to the full marker, it sits at 7/8ths full, i was wondering if this is a fault on my car or a general issue?

Any assistance of help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jamie

Hi Jamie
For the headlights you could try the latest Osram bulbs which are claimed to give 90% more light. Osram are good quality bulbs and always come out very well in the AutoExpress tests.
http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_list.asp?cat1=44&cat2=4
If you want even more power then HID conversion kits are available. In theory these should only be fitted with headlamp washers and self leveling to be legal but most people seem to get away without this extra kit. There is a fitting guide on the forum for HID kits
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3418

Assuming there is nothing mechanically wrong with the level sensor in the fuel tank I think the reading can be corrected by an Audi dealer or someone with VagCom

Cheers Spike

Last edited:
Hi Jamie,

Spike is absolutely correct on both points - Osram Silverstars were my favourite prior to the HID conversion, but I would also just visit a garage to get your headlight aim checked out, just in case it is too low, or off to one side.

You might find that the bulbs in at present are fine, but they are being directed in the wrong place!

As regards the fuel sender issue, VAG COM can help, whether it is diagnosing a faulty sender or making adjustment to the instrument values.

Cheers,

Mike

More of an aside comment than anything else, but........

These days I never fill my tank more than half full after being enlightened to the blindingly obvious fact that the added weight increases fuel comsumption & also marginally decreases performance.

Fuel for thought! ;):D

Nige. :cool:

Back