A happy new A2 owner

Chan73

Hi everyone

After a couple of months of searching I finally purchased a 1.4 petrol 2004 A2 on Saturday with 58000 miles ... and as I live in SW London I had 8 hours to acquaint myself with the car on the drive back from Dundee. The good news is that it was worth it and I'm quite chuffed at how well screwed together it is and how new it feels.

I used the site guides, threads and guidance in buying and it really helped - thanks!

One thing I'd like to change is the chorus radio cassette for a CD radio. I've read the various threads about head unit and connectors, but I'd like to keep things as simple as possible therefore it would be great if anyone can advise on which (Audi) cd players would allow me a simple plug n play without additional cost/ adapters or general wiring confusion :confused: I did look at multi discs but it seems I'd have to move the A/C unit ... and like I said, I'd like to kkep it simple and original as possible.

Cheers in advance for any advice

Is your tape player a single DIN unit?
If so on a 2004 car it should be a straight swap to a Concert 2 CD player.
With the Concert 2 a ipod/mp3/sd card/usb adaptor can be wired into the CD changer plug on it and this would prove fare more useful than a CD changer.
For that matter I think the unit in your car has the socket on the back to wire in the CD changer.

These can be used:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Digital-CD-Music-Changer-USB-SD-MP3-for-VW-AUDI-Volkswagen-Beetle-SKODA-EOS-/271226695643?pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item3f265eefdb

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CTAADIPOD003-3-Audi-TT-99-06-Car-iPod-iPhone-Aux-In-Interface-Adaptor-Connects2-/261292419451?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item3cd63de97b

With Bluetooth adaptor:
http://www.ebay.de/itm/Blaupunkt-Au...8796?pt=Freisprechanlagen&hash=item5af5be577c

The Blaupunkt one may need an additional piece of cable.

Hope this helps!

John

Thanks John. Really helpful.

The current stereo is single DIN.

So I just need to keep mu eyes peeled for a Concert 2 CD player and install one of those units and I'm away! I think you're right about the option of using iphone etc over the CD changer.

Just one more (probably obvious) question, with tthe new utni, I assume there's space behind the current stereo in the dash for it to fit? I assume there must be otherwise where else would it go ... ?

/You can squeeze most of the units behind the dash.
If you take out the cubbyhole under the climate unit you can cut a hole in this for the wiring and feed the cable up behind the climate panel.
I think that these units can connect toy your existing radio. If your current radio sounds good you could add the unit first and then see if with the MP3 capability you still wish to change it for a CD player head unit.
There are numerous threads on here about finding the right Concert 2 and cutting the facia to size if needed.
There were some Concert 2's being sold on here recently. Take a look on the forum/leave a wanted ad here and I'm sure you'll have some luck!

John

Back