A2 automat gear - Hydraulics control unit out of order - refurbish

Hi

my Hydraulics control unit is defect.
A new is not an option https://nemigaparts.com/cat_spares/etka/part/6N0142060J/

I have taken it out of the car.

A few questions:
1 Can i refurbish by myself, Im medium skilled, have no special tools?

2 Is there a manual for how to refurbish it?

3 Can i buy a refurbish spare parts?

Thanks up front.
Evening,

Way out of my depth here as this really is Rab @RAB territory. Im sure he will be along soon to offer the best advice.

Quick search on eBay finds 2 available in Poland.

Kind regards,

Tom

Evening,

Way out of my depth here as this really is Rab @RAB territory. Im sure he will be along soon to offer the best advice.

Quick search on eBay finds 2 available in Poland.

Kind regards,

Tom
Hi Tom

in my ebay i find only one, price €1400, wich is too much.

Can you please send me links to the one you found?

LoA

What is the fault? Does the pump run? If the pump doesn't run, detach the pump motor and send it here:

They should be able to refurbish it.

If the pump runs but the unit does not function, maybe the solenoid spool valve has failed. You can remove it yourself and change the O-ring seals. Use Viton.

RAB

Hi Tom

in my ebay i find only one, price €1400, wich is too much.

Can you please send me links to the one you found?

LoA
Apologies,

I didn't correctly add the link above. Now added. Looks like Rab has arrived who will see you right on this subject.

Kind regards,

Tom

Also, is the accumulator OK? The nitrogen leaks away with time, rendering the hydraulic unit u/s.

RAB

What is the fault? Does the pump run? If the pump doesn't run, detach the pump motor and send it here:

They should be able to refurbish it.

If the pump runs but the unit does not function, maybe the solenoid spool valve has failed. You can remove it yourself and change the O-ring seals. Use Viton.

RAB
@RAB tanks for tips.

The solenoid is the bigger cylinder (2 gren wires), but I dont get how to remove it, seems to be no treads. Is a repair manual available?

LoA

The solenoid is retained by a grub screw. You should be able to find it. There is no repair manual. Look on the German site for details, including O-rings.

RAB
By the way, motor is ok and solenoid klicks in when i add 12 v
What about the accumulator? If the accumulator is u/s then the whole unit certainly won't work.

RAB

The solenoid is retained by a grub screw. You should be able to find it. There is no repair manual. Look on the German site for details, including O-rings.

RAB

What about the accumulator? If the accumulator is u/s then the whole unit certainly won't work.

RAB

Grub screw, is that the torx screw that is on the block in straigth lilne from solenoid?

I did not understand u/s, please explain: If the accumulator is u/s then the whole unit certainly won't work.

1621618045111.png

Yes, that looks like it. When the pump runs, how long for? If only for a short time, it may mean that you need a new accumulator.

RAB

Yes, that looks like it. When the pump runs, how long for? If only for a short time, it may mean that you need a new accumulator.

RAB

Before car stoped it did run for about 30 sec. Per now the oil tank is removed so i assume i cant control the run time before i assembly it together again.

I only tryed the motor with 12 v power supply in my workshop for a few sec

I have unsrews the accumulator tank, no problem to remove it.

Have you given the car a transmission basic setting? If you disturb anything then a basic setting is required.

RAB

Hi again @RAB

The grub screw was not possible to remove with a torx, it broke:

The head of the screw was like melted into the aloy.

I used my dremel, removed part of head and then it losend, could open it with only my fingers

1621792606475.png

The O-rings are not in perfect conditon, what is presice messure?

Can you members help me to a shop that can sell me 4 pcs orings?
I also need a o-ring for the grub screw, also in bad condition.

Bottom Ø of cylinder i messured to 19,4 mm

1621792680957.png

1621792741810.png

Hi @RAB

I have now opened the box and I think the o-rings seems to be over the living time. (stretchiness is flabby)
What I did see is that old o-rings rubber diameter is like 1,2 mm, but the grove in the cylinder is like 2,3 mm

I also noticed that the metal "pin" is conical, from 19,4 mm to 21,6 mm
Can you recommend using same size o-rings (4 pcs)?

What dimension should I buy?
I messured Ø19,5 mm x groove max 2,3 mm.
2,3 mm is max, maybe it will make the reassembly to tight?

Old o-rings in picture

1622456233771.png

Thanks up front

Back