A2 colour storm, 2 weeks into it.

ALZO999

Well thats me had my little pocket rocket for around 2 weeeks now, I have to say its a great car to drive and immense fun, as for the fuel issues i have been putting in fuel from morrisons and it doesnt seem to make a difference, was going to run it low and try superunleaded just to see if there is any difference. the car is superb and i have found myself leaving the Q7 in the drive??? weird eh!! anyway the only downside i can see (pardon the pun) is the stupid spoiler right across the middle of the back window, whats that all about.....apart from that...brilliant.

Well thats me had my little pocket rocket for around 2 weeeks now, I have to say its a great car to drive and immense fun, as for the fuel issues i have been putting in fuel from morrisons and it doesnt seem to make a difference, was going to run it low and try superunleaded just to see if there is any difference. the car is superb and i have found myself leaving the Q7 in the drive??? weird eh!! anyway the only downside i can see (pardon the pun) is the stupid spoiler right across the middle of the back window, whats that all about.....apart from that...brilliant.

Glad you like it - the A2 beats most other cars (Audis included!) hands down when it comes to fun, practicality and sheer driving pleasure.

As for the spoiler, it's far from stupid - it serves 2 functions. Firstly, it keeps the back end of the car planted at speed, otherwise, you could say goodbye to decent handling, as the A2 is such a light car.

Secondly, it actually creates a low pressure vortex which sucks water from the back screen, so that a wiper is un-necessary at speed.

You will get used to it, pretty much everyone else has.

Cheers,

Mike

Glad you are having fun! My A2 is a diesel, but my other car (MX-5 petrol) really likes super unleaded. V-Power gives the best acceleration response, whilst the latest Tesco Super (99 Octane) contains bioethanol and gives good power delivery (ie it goes faster;)) but the engine doesn't seem as smooth. I seem to remember that the FSi engines work best with (or were designed for) low sulphur super unleaded, so you may see a difference. If yours is the 1.4 then give it a go, it can't do any harm. Overall, for performance and smoothness Shell V-Power is by far the best fuel I have tried.

Dave

Secondly, it actually creates a low pressure vortex which sucks water from the back screen, so that a wiper is un-necessary at speed.

It's also great for blocking the headlamp glare from vehicles from behind at typical driving distances.

Ben

Nice Car Alz i was thinking it would be nice to see a colour storm at one of our socials as i cant remember seeing one before at one of our get togethers and then i just noticed you live in Ayrshire , thats a long way up ....Fingers crossed then ....

Back