A2 Colour storm......... to buy or not ?

true-blue

I'm looking at 2 A2's on Saturday, one of which is a 1 owner, 54 plate, 62k mile, 1.4Tdi SE colour storm. It's highly spec'd with bose, heated seats, reversing sensors, etc,etc and the woman has the original invoice showing a purchase price of a few quid short of £19K (eek!).

I'm told it's been cosseted and fully serviced by Audi, which makes sense based on what she paid for it, but I can't view it until saturday.

She's already told me that she's prepared to let it go for £7,500 if have it this weekend. - which I need to anyway!

If the car is a good as she describes would I be mad to pass on it just because it's RED!!

I realise this may sound like a stupid question, but the red A2's on sites like autotrader seem to hang around and I don't want to get stuck with a car that is a bargain now, but that costs me when I come to sell....

any thoughts ??

I think the colour storm looks best in Red.. blues and yellows look naff. Seems like a decent price due to the mileage

I agree with Ian - Colour Storm is best served red (and it's considered very good fung shui too - black and red go together according to their rules).

Go for it, you won't regret the colour at all.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks Chaps,

it needs to be as good as she says because red is far from my first colour choice (sorry any red owners:eek: ). Ive had large photo's of the other one which is lower spec and older (52) but lower mileage and a looks immaculate in a really nice metalic blue- but only £750 cheaper than the red one.

Dilema :confused:

Dont know why some people have a problem with the Colour Storm,I have one in sprint blue.I think they look more 'sporty'.

DAZ A4 GONE said:
Dont know why some people have a problem with the Colour Storm,I have one in sprint blue.I think they look more 'sporty'.
And a lovely car it is too!

One of the big off-putting things about the colour storm (especially the yellow) is the upholstery - it is a bit too much for the eyes.

Cheers,

Mike

I think the Storms look cool - because they got some of the best colour options Like sprint blue and misano red.

the only thing I don't like about the colour storm is the balck plastics, otherwise they look quite sharp! Check if cambelt was changed for thre 62k miles car.

cam belt service is about £400 ?? can I save on that via a good independant, and does anyone know of an independant near bristol ?

Thanks for the input so far :)

The wife loved it, it was as good as described and it's now sat on our drive.

Have to say the Red and Black looks much better on the car in the flesh than in photo's.

The Bose sound's suprisingly good.

SWMBO is really chuffed :D

the headunit is double din with a six disc multichanger and tape player - can I replace this with with the RNS-E ? if so, how easy and how much is this likely to cost ?

Many thanks. :)

true-blue said:
The wife loved it, it was as good as described and it's now sat on our drive.

Have to say the Red and Black looks much better on the car in the flesh than in photo's.

The Bose sound's suprisingly good.

SWMBO is really chuffed :D

the headunit is double din with a six disc multichanger and tape player - can I replace this with with the RNS-E ? if so, how easy and how much is this likely to cost ?

Many thanks. :)
Told you that the red CS A2's were nice!

Glad you got it - happy motoring.

The Bose sound system is very good indeed actually, complementing the interior accoustic of the car very well.

You can indeed change the headunit for an RNS-E, with relative ease, although you will need to have the instruments re-coded to work with it.

Cost of an RNS-E start at about £400 and you'll need a harness adapter (Kufatec.de do some good ones) and an up to date mapping disc.

Cheers,

Mike

true-blue said:
cam belt service is about £400 ?? can I save on that via a good independant, and does anyone know of an independant near bristol?

Hi true-blue, welcome to A2 world and the club - glad to hear you're very pleased with your colour storm.

If Melksham (between Chippenham and Trowbridge) is not too far than I've been pleased with the service and MOT I've had from AudiVolkswagen centre in Melksham. The 2yr / c24K service was a year ago. Cost £160 for the service plus another £27 for a brake fluid change, and another £23 for tracking check. They said they used Audi parts and therefore the warranty is not affected. They are friendly and you get to speak to the mechanics.

They provided a courtesy car which was a rather very dirty polo or something similar but that is no doubt one of the reasons why they are cheaper, along with some rather basic offices on a trading estate. But it suits me not to see my money going on luxury offices and showrooms and free coffee. MOT was last week while I waited (no coffee!).

See http://www.audivwcentre.com/

Last edited:
Thanks Mike, you did ! and they are !! :D

No pic's till next weekend when it's received the Meguiers treatment.

On the run home averaged around 52mpg @ 80/90 - so very happy with that.

Been driving it around today, and after owning many powerful cars, it's a breath of fresh air !! ......... really good fun, definitely needs a trip to stealth though.

Lou's loving the Bose, especially the steering wheel controls.

Think the first mod's will be remap, lowering and possibly some nicer alloys, I fancy a set of Polished TT' Comps.... think they'd look great against the glossy red paint, anyone know how heavy they are ? don't want to weigh the car down !

Thanks for the pointer re the servicing Alan, Melksham certainly is within range !!

Back