A2 going ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
SWMBO has decided that she wants to change the A2 for something a little sportier! She doesn't believe me when I tell her that it is faster than it feels (low noise and height reduce the impression of speed). She wants a Tigra when they arrive.

Yes, I realise that I have already lost but am trying to put her off until the Autumn when convertible demand will have fallen and the A2 will just be 2.

With a bit of luck the Tigra will not have a spare - that will put her off it!

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control for SWMBO, Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

SportKA?
Mini?

New Tigra is nice, but not my cup of tea. I'd go for the mini-convertible coming up soon too!

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Steve

She wants a motorised steel roof which puts the SportKa out of the picture. Can't run to an SLK, 307CC is too big and Megane is made by Renault!. 206CC does not have a spare so not much choice!

Mini? Who'd want a Mini! Did you see the comments Audi's chief designer made aout it - something along the lines of its a fad and it will fade.

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control for SWMBO, Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

I have always been tempted by the cooper S and the convertible version looks like it will be a great success
Residuals will be excellent I think also

However one thing that puts me off is the reliability issue

Go to the BBC Top gear site and look at the duffers section

The mini has loads of disgruntled customers sounding off with all sorts of problems

Maybe thats the early cars though

Yes, the Mini has had a lot of problems, hopefully sorted now.

The Pug 206 and 307 CC both have problems with their steel roofs.

Ah, buy her a bike and have done with it!

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

I used to have a Tirga before I got my A2. I wouldn't get another one. Someone crashed into the back of my Tirga and the boot went through the back seats!!

They are nice to drive and look good but I wouldn't class them as safe

Liz

The new one is a totally different car, based on the new corsa. As the corsa rates well in the reliability surveys it should do reasonably well. Should be a four star NCAP car.

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back