A2 Noise problems : - ( HELP PLS

R4VSE

Hi Guys

I was wondering if you could give me some assistance I have recently noticed that on my A2 1.4 diesel 02 Reg when I have the heaters on in the car there is a kind of whining sound coming from the engine bay its kind of like a long hovering sucking noise which comes on intermittently and even when I switch the car of the sound is still there its kind of like a fan noise

I never have noticed this noise before as i have had the heaters on may times before

Any idea what that may be as I keep thinking that when I put the heaters on I feel that the car may break down on me

Any help would very much appreciated

But it i only can notice it when the heater is on i think..

I will try to drive it on whithout putting the heating on and see if it comes back without using the heaters.. but even when i switch the car off i can still hear that mooing sound

Hi Guys

I was wondering if you could give me some assistance I have recently noticed that on my A2 1.4 diesel 02 Reg when I have the heaters on in the car there is a kind of whining sound coming from the engine bay its kind of like a long hovering sucking noise which comes on intermittently and even when I switch the car of the sound is still there its kind of like a fan noise

I never have noticed this noise before as i have had the heaters on may times before

Any idea what that may be as I keep thinking that when I put the heaters on I feel that the car may break down on me

Any help would very much appreciated

Hi R4VSE,

What outside temperature is displayed on your dashboard? If it is 7 degrees or less, then the noise could be your Webasto aux' heater. This is normal and nothing to worry about. It is a sign that winter has arrived!

John.

Last edited:
Deffo the auxiliary webasto heater. If it sounds like a mini concorde then that is eve more deffo, look under the front wing in the cold and see the 'exhaust' condensation from the diesel powered heater...................................

Great many thanks for your help i was getting really worried :)

But does that sound still supposed to happin even when the car is switch off as when i have driven the car and then swtch the car off that hoovering sound stays on for around a minute after the car is switched off and then switches off automaticaly?

Great many thanks for your help i was getting really worried :)

But does that sound still supposed to happin even when the car is switch off as when i have driven the car and then swtch the car off that hoovering sound stays on for around a minute after the car is switched off and then switches off automaticaly?

Yes, it runs through a shutdown cycle which takes a minute or two. A tip if your just moving the car a short distance when the threshold temp is under 6 deg then pressing the Econ button will prevent the Webasto firing up and running through its cycle.

Cheers Spike

Back