A2 running better thanks to Skipton Motors servicing!

Greywall

Germany
After a year of motoring in my A2 (henceforth to be referred to as Liv!) and 30K miles later, it was time for a service. I searched the forum for advice and felt that Mike was going to be the best person to provide the care and attention Liv deserves.

My decision was well justified.

Every action carried out was described thoroughly and the relevance of it was explained too. Every query and question I had concerning the A2 was answered completely and honestly, devoid of the irritation I have faced at the dealers.

The service was carried out with the attention to detail I would expect of myself. Each task was carried out meticulously and with dedication.

A negative aspect of the Audi service manifested itself during this major service. When Mike removed the old air filter, we were shocked to see the state it was in. It was completely black in colour and blocked with all sorts of detritus. Mike showed me a two-year old filter and it looked new in comparison! We strongly suspect it had never been replaced since Liv came out of the factory...

Anyway, I am now assured that Liv has new filters and oil and it shows in the performance! The car sounds quieter (for a diesel) and drives smoother and feels taut.

The brake pads and discs were replaced and cruise control has been added. How I've missed CC! My daily 120 mile commute will be much more relaxed and it works fantastically well. For those of you still unconvinced or putting it off - get it done! It's an essential upgrade, particularly for those of us driving long distances.

Mike, it was a pleasure to finally meet you. You're a true gentleman and thanks for the handy hints. I feel confident in removing dashboard trim without breaking anything! The gears are working smoother already. Amazing what a little grease can do for them!

Overall, I am extremely happy with the service. Besides a future trip to Stealth planned for cambelt replacement, here's to more happy A2 motoring!

That is one more very happy customer for Skipton auto''s:cool: To add to the long list.

I am glad you are now running better. Whever I went to the garage I would always have that feeling in the back of my mind "have they done what they said they have and used the parts they said they would and charged for?"

That is the nice thing going to see Mike you know that what has been done, has been done corectly using the right genunine parts.

David

Hi Jag - glad you're completely happy with the service and thanks for your too kind words. Likewise, as someone I helped to get into an A2 over a year ago (along with Murdo), it was great to finally meet you in person.

You've a great spec car there and I'm sure that Vince will finish off the TLC that Liv needs to bring him/her into first class condition for years to come.

I'm also pleased that you now have the confidence to tackle some of the other pending jobs yourself, now that I've shown you the basic steps in taking things apart.

Take care of yourself and Liv and it'll be good to catch up with you again at a future social event.

Cheers,

Mike

Back