A2 vs Q2 , find the difference ... 18 years technology gap

kml666

A2OC Donor
I couldnt resist myself ... had to park and do this photo

index.php

The trouble is, they've lost direction. They've reached saturation point when all they can do is tinker with sizes and heights.

"How long would sir like his Audi to be? 4m, 4.5m? Perhaps a 4.25m length would be best?"

Do Audi really need an A1, A3 (in saloon, estate, cabriolet versions), A4 (4 versions inc Allroad), A5 (3 versions), A6 (3 versions), A7 (shock horror, only 1 version at the moment), A8 (again only 1 version) and then there's Q2, Q3, Q5, Q7 & Q8. Then there's the TT and the R8. Then factor in S and RS versions of them and it's a non-sustainable range.

Standards have dropped, prices have increased and I'd rather not be associated with the Audi brand any more when on the road, as Audi Man 2018 is not something to aspire to.

And design wise, who told them they could only use a ruler now, apart from the wheel arches??

Don't get me wrong, I love my A2 and it'll be in the family for years to come. It's proven more practical than the A3 sportback and more spacious inside, despite being nearly half a metre shorter. I just can't bring myself to buy a new Audi and I'm preparing to be very amused by their new e-tron reveal next week. Mind you, Mercedes EQC on Monday was also pathetic, so I'm glad I've bought a Jaguar.

I'm not taken with the Q2 at all. Haven't had a chance to drive one, but to look at - just nothing special. Perhaps it's just me, but from a distance the general proportions and architecture of the rear quarter view are very similar to a Sandero....

The car on the right is more technically advanced, more spacious and costs far less to run.

18 years later, Audi has gone backwards and nothing shows this more prominently than the above photo. Sad.
Go back a further 10 years and they get even better.
Mechanically and serviceability that is.

Go back a further 10 years and they get even better.
Mechanically and serviceability that is.

Absolutely that's why i own and love that generation of cars you mention. The parts are more or less bomb proof and go on for inter galactic mileages normally. Audis best cars by far for reliability and durability and they had all the goodies offered today if you specced them apart from satnav which your phone can do now anyway.

Love this car and will never sell it. Microswitches in all doors boot lid and problems are unheard of in nearly 30 years since the first C4 old 100 came into being in 1991.

fullsizeoutput_1569_zpsodv2ekea.jpeg

I’v done photo but i dont like Q2, even in S-line spec... somehow they decide to fill the market gap with this model ...

Audi’s loss of direction and world awareness is truly thrown into stark relief when you se an A2 next to a Q7. In what way is the world made better by having those monstrosities about? Grump grump grump.

I had the q2 as a courtesy car whilst my tt was in for warranty work earlier this year. Think it was the 1.4tfsi. It wasn't a rubbish car by any means it just felt bland inside and out.

Possibly one of the reasons why we all love the A2 so much might be the the following. The idea was first penned on a designers board in the mid nineties a long time ago now at a time when Audis were still being designed for European taste as Europe was it's biggest market.

Sales now in China and the US alone far outstrip anything the whole of Europe can muster which sadly means more and more those 2 countries have an influence how future Audis look.

I had the q2 as a courtesy car whilst my tt was in for warranty work earlier this year. Think it was the 1.4tfsi. It wasn't a rubbish car by any means it just felt bland inside and out.
Likewise, I had a Q2 , 1.6 Tdi s line , while my bitdi was in for a service , failed to see why I would purchase one over a ford etc . I just wish Audi would come up with a rule bending car , like BMW i3 ........

To me every new Audi they bring out is Uglier than the previous model, to the extent that I think I’ll no longer be able to keep buying any Audi. Unless it’s an older one. The Grille on the Q2 is just disgusting. Have you seen the new A6 ? Looks OK from the Rear and the Side but the Front is just so Ugly. We’ve had our pretty A2 SE from 9,000 Miles / 12 Months Old. Alright it’s got problems at the moment but we would not want to part with it. It is just so useful. Cars tend to stick with us. Still got the 1966 Beetle we got in ‘85 or ‘86. Still got the 1972 VW Type 3 Variant we got in ‘88 ! Also have a 2017 A6 Avant Black Edition Quattro with Panoramic Sunroof. Don’t know what we can get to replace that when it goes back but it is very unlikely to be any of the current model Ugliest Audi’s ever !

Back