A2OC Newsletter No 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

runboy

Production of the second A2OC newsletter is about to start. The first was a great success bringing together a variety of material related to the A2 and Audi and we want to make the second newsletter even better.

From the first issue we already have some ideas for content but this is where you come in. If you have a burning desire to submit an A2 related product review, story, fitting guide etc or wish to see something included in the newsletter then please let us know. We want the newsletter to appeal to as many people as possible.

Please post a message stating what you would be willing to write, assist with or want to see. We can’t guarantee that we will get everything into issue two, but any leftovers will be a good start for issue three!.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Suggestions would be...

I would like someone of a more technical background than myself to investigate and resolve the problem with the water in the headlights as Audi currently seem somewhat reluctant to acknowledge the problem and respond with lame excuses. It's something which plagues us all and a cause and solution are there to be found.

The 10 best ways to modify your A2 (sound, interior, exterior and performance) - anything from cup holders to chips.

A good index of where to obtain A2 parts and goodies from would also be good.

A competition of some kind would also be a good introduction.

Hope this helps?!

Is this only going to be available for club members?

Silver TDI Sport | 17 inch TT alloys | Audi bodykit | CD | Climate control | Custom Badges
visit: http://www.mediacitizen.com/audi

Hi,

Not a member, but: I do think that the questions/wishes that Mediacitizen has (common probs, mods, parts) are available on a German A2 forum.
They've gathered a large number of links of earlier discussions on those topics. Many visitors there are technically minded and know what they're talking about. A bit like the guides on this site, but not captured in Word docs.
Very interesting to read indeed, so I can imagine Mediacitizen is after that kind of stuff. However, this site is in German....

Since it is a little bit too much to translate every item, I'm not going to start on that. But perhaps Babelfish can come to the rescue, http://babelfish.altavista.com. They translate full pages, which might be a starting point.

If anyone has other ideas, or care to divide the work for manual translation, let me know. I'm willing to volunteer, but just not for the whole of it ;)

--
Edo
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), black interior, sport seats, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

swiv

That sounds interesting. So what exactly do they have on this site-actual A2 issues etc? What is the link to the forum?

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Oops, forgot to paste in the forum link. It's over here: http://www.a2forum.com/.

They keep topics with link-lists at the top of their technical forums (Audi A2 Extra)

A quick scan:
- Front light bulb change
- bulb types
- removing the speedometer
- seat removal
- colour coding of suspension springs
- interior filter exchange
- air pressure for 17" wheels
- which motor oil
- service interval discussions
- fuel & oil consumption
- tuning
- engine break-in period
- all kinds of rattles/squeeks and possible solutions
- coming-home add-on
- aluminium pedals
- brake light mods and chrome striping
- heated mirrors

etc. etc. The total list is at least three times as long. Not everything is a true 'guide', some are more open discussions, but I thought it was very interesting to be aware of. Haven't read it all yet.

--
Edo
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), black interior, sport seats, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

I know that are a ,lot of information to get on the German A2 site, but i realy dont speek a word of german. Please keep everything here nice in English. My English is also not so good, but i understand it.

1.4 Petrol, Airco, remote, ABT front stripes.

Of course not, Stuart! This forum has a different target audience anyway, primarily because of the language. AFAIK there aren't a whole lot of native English-speaking people that also read German very easily. Native Dutch speakers stand a higher chance. After all, we're neighbouring countries!
Or it's just me...

Anyway, if you rack up a list of topics that people (on this forum/of this club) are interested in, then I'd be willing to see if I can translate that info from the German site. Maybe I should start by putting up a decent list of available topics myself. Maybe this weekend?

--
Edo

Just got back from the holidays in Denmark... swiv, please contact me and maybe we can collaborate on translating some of the technical info on the german A2 board.... I promised this here a while ago, but have not had the time to do it yet, sorry... but there are 2 weeks of holiday to come..:)

Bye, Frido.

----
[img=left]http://homepage.mac.com/frido/a2pic.gif[/img=left]
A2 1.4 TDI 2003 S-Line, cobalt blue, CC, DIS, SatNav+, Apple iPod
now parents' car: A2 1.2 TDI 2002 silver, CC, DIS
My A2OC pics Homepage

swiv/frido

That would ne great. Don't go mad and translate too much-I'd rather have good translations on one or two items that you would think interesting to other A2 owners-any accessories etc

Frido, I've sent you an email through the forum.
Hope it arrives. If not, contact me at mailto:[email protected]

--
Edo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back