A2OC wins Gold Award

ben

Administrator
Ukraine
adi-award-2007.png
Hi folks,

I'm pleased to let you know that we have won the Gold Award this evening for the ADI Best Audi Club for Information. It's the enthusiasm and energy of everyone involved here that has enabled us to get this recognition. Thanks for all the positive support during the nominations.

Thanks should also go to everyone who came along to Castle Coombe today. We had 22 cars in total - some familiar faces - and several new faces. It was good to see you all.

No one can quite understand where Wooly came from on the track session - from 5th to 1st in stealth style!

Attached is a hammy mobile photo of our award. We're going to need a trophy cabinet now.

Well done once again,

Ben

:)

What an amazing achievment for the club ....

Well done to everyone who has participated in making this club what it is and know at long last we have gained some recognition for the club infront of AUDI and infront of other Audi Owner related Clubs perhaps know we will be taken more seriously and we can carry on going from strength to strength ......

Hopefully the trophy will be the first of many
Cheers Everyone .....:)

Last edited:
congratulation

congratulations is in order to all the members. it was great to meet you all yesterday. we should arrange a celebration evening out.

Can I just add my thanks to all who helped us to scoop this impressive accolade at the first time of trying.

It's important to remember that the award is for "Information" and this really is where we are strongest, thanks to the likes of Spike and Robin. As we all have experienced to some extent, Audi have pretty much washed their hands of the A2 now and we are largely on our own as far as problem solving and the like are concerned.

As I said to Paul Harris yesterday, we are just continuing where Audi gave up - we all know that the A2 is a special car that truly represents "Vorsprung durch Technik" probably more so than many other Audis.

We'll have a tough job to take the gold again next year, but I'm sure that with the continued dedication and enthusiasm of all concerned, we can have a bloody good go!

Cheers,

Mike

Winning the award certainly did make our first attendance at the awards dinner go with a bang, drawing good attention to the car, the club, and its members. It's going to be tough to keep ourselves in the top spot next year, but as the award really credits the members of the A2OC who make it what it is I'm sure we can hold onto the title!

The award is safe and sound (yes Mike :p ) and once I've cleaned it up - it's showing signs of the celebratory mood with champagne splashes and finger prints all over it! - I'll put up a nice photo of it so that all can see. I'll also bring it along to future events so that people can take a look at it!

Ian

Many congratulations to you for your amazing work with this forum, hopefully I will join you next year (clashed with sons party this year!!)

Oh dear..!

Is it me, or does the shape of the trophy match that of Darren's head and hairstyle!?

"Groan..." :p In keeping with my optimism that we would take an award, (as you are quite right to point out Ian); I did indeed style my hair accordingly... (I need to remind you of the next caption contest don't I buddy... glass houses and all that eh!!). :D

It is a remarkable achievement for A2OC and so richly deserved and it was a pleasure to witness first hand as Ben and Mike collected the spoils. The club continues to grow from strength to strength through each and everyone of us and there is no reason that we can't repeat and build upon this years success in years to come.

Well done A2OC!!​

Darren

Many many congratulations on the receipt of the Gold Award. A truly remarkable achievement!

Well done to everyone involved in steering this club to this level of success - excellent!!

Saturday at Castle Coombe was a great day too. Thanks to all present for making it such an enjoyable day for us. 22 A2's on the day was a good result, and the cars looked fantastic all lined up on that curve - what an array of colours! (Did we have ALL colour combinations there I wonder?!).

Last edited:
Awards

Well done to everyone that had the inspiration and drive to carry through on keeping the club going and increasing its technical content and scope.
The incredibly open, sharing and commited support the co-owners and key contributors/organisers provide to all comers is reflected in this award.
Thanks for being there.....and here now,

Erling

The full award listing is as follows:-

THE AUDI DRIVER
ANNUAL AWARDS 2007

Winners List

Audi Personality of the Year
Winner - Allan McNish

Audi Centre of the year – Retail Sales
Gold Award: Hadwins Audi
Silver Award: Beechwood Audi
Silver Award: Perth Audi

Audi Centre of the year- after-sales service
Gold Award: Pentraeth Audi
Silver Award: Aylesbury Audi

Audi Centre of the year – parts and accessories
Gold Award: Wayside Audi – Milton Keynes
Silver Award: Stirling Audi

Independent Audi service provider
Gold Award: APS
Silver Award: Sports Tech

Independent Audi retailer
Gold Award: Fontain Motors
Silver Award: AM Cars

Independent parts supplier
Gold Award: VAG Parts

Tuner of the year
Gold Award: MRC
Silver Award: Dialynx
Silver Award: RSD
Silver Award: Star Performance

Independent accessory supplier
Gold Award: TT Shop
Silver Award: Forge Motorsport
Silver Award: VAG Parts

Best wheel and tyre supplier
Gold Award: Monty’s Wheels and Tyres

Best after-market product
Gold Award: Milltek exhaust systems

Best Audi club – events
Gold Award: TT Owners’ Club
Silver Award: Club Audi

Best Audi club – communications
Gold Award: S2 Forum
Silver Award: TT Forum

Best Audi-related club – information
Gold Award: A2 Forum
Silver Award: RS246.com

(Listed in reverse order from that drawn on the night incidentally!!).

Back