a2's with black alloys?

roca_pnoy

got a black a2 and thinking to put some black alloys with the silver lip, haven't seen any round, just want to see if it would look good or tacky

any help wiill do!! :)

Hiya mate, i've been thinking about this for a while, but i've just had too many other things to spend cash on over the past few months, a while back i did a bit of a shoddy photoshop of my a2 with tints and glossy black and polished s4 rims. Here it is to give you an idea.... oh and i've included a pic of my car now it's actually had it's tints done :)

I have seen some REALLY nice BBS deep dish rims that had black bent spokes with nice polished up rims, but the going rate was around £1300 for the set!

Mike

[edit] the photoshopped version is one a mate was faffing about with after i orginally just tinted the windows and changed the wheels, he's tried lowering it and for some reason tried blacking out the rear lights :s

wow, it does look good even from that dodgy photoshop, now i can imagine that it would look 10x better in real life, shame i cant get 18's though :(

roca_pnoy said:
wow, it does look good even from that dodgy photoshop, now i can imagine that it would look 10x better in real life, shame i cant get 18's though :(

Why not ? - I have 18's on mine.

You would be able to squeeze 18s in although, you'd need LOW profile tyres on them and i wouldn't even dream of lowering it with 18s on it! i reckon the wheels would look real sweet in real life and do plan n getting done at some point in the future!

Do it mate, you know it's right ;) :p

Mike

Hi there my other car (BMW M3) has got a set of 17" BBS wheels that I've just had powdercoated black - I think they look fantastic. Cost for powdercoat was £25 per wheel - cheap enough to buy a shabby set of wheels and get them refinished yourself. The polished lips might look a bit odd on a dark car.

wow, it does look good even from that dodgy photoshop, now i can imagine that it would look 10x better in real life, shame i cant get 18's though
Ahem, 18's are possible:D

The ride is ok. Hadles a lot better and bigger bumps have the edge taken off them due to the size of the tyre.:D

A2_SAT said:
Ahem, 18's are possible:D

ain't there rubbing issues with 18s'

and whats the drawbacks for using low profile tyres, ive looked through other topics and everyone seems to say no to them!! i use to have them on my fiat punto :eek: with no probs!!

205/30 18"

205-35R18 is the proper value. ;)

BTW, at ETs between 30 and 25, the wheel sizes of 7x18, 7.5x18 and even 8x18 will allow nice lowerings if using that 205/35 tyre size. However the wheel housings have to be modded for that to prevent rubbing.

A recommendable tyre is the TOYO Proxes T1 R 205/35 ZR 18 Y 81, especially for lowerings exceeding 40 mm, see pics below (an extreme example though at minus 70 mm, he had to put in additional spring travel limiters for a safe ride):

Back