A3 totalled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure that's a write off?
What's amazing is that airbag hasn't even gone off!
One question:
- Not that I want to experiment, but what speed would you need to go at to have that effect? It looks as if in one of the photos, the speedometer is stuck on 80kph, but I'm sure that was at the point that the dashboard fell apart having slowed down considerably.

[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart.gif[/img=left]Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator

2001 TDi SE:http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/uk1.htm Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest | Front Centre Tray

A2OC Website | 2004 A2OC Competitions | Join the A2OC!

Nice to see that in the course of those photos someone has helped themselevs to the fellas face plate!!!

quote:Originally posted by jon.od

Nice to see that in the course of those photos someone has helped themselevs to the fellas face plate!!!

Somehow i'm quite sure the driver won't need it anymore and probably even won't mind.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Airbags only go if if you have an impact from the relevant direction - passenger side bag has probably gone off and then been torn away (seat split open). Can't be good for the top seat belt anchorage to be separated that far from the lower ones!

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are NEARLY all the A2s in Lichfield silver ? ? ?

****!

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Just looked at the pics again. Double ****!

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

quote:Originally posted by runboy

Just looked at the pics again. Double ****!

Steve,

I couldn't look at them again - i feel awful for the people involved.

Kaine

Power is nothing without control. Aww jeez, did I just come out with that crappy cliche?! Still, trees are hard, and when you hit them it hurts. I always preech on to friends who fly around on bikes; its all very well and good on a racetrack, there are nice forgiving haybales and tyre stacks to fall into after having shed loads of speed in sandy run-offs. Public roads however...

Phil. TDi Sport, silver, with Climate and OpenSky.

Kaine-I know what you mean, but I have not seen a car in such a mess. You sit in your comfy, warm car and never think that sort of thing can happen. It's pictures like that which really press home the message about speeding. It should be used in education.

The Aussies have a strong drink-drive campaign with some pretty vivid TV messages and it does make you think twice.

I am awstruck at that A3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back