About To Spoil-er it.

Primea2

Alright guys, I've just had my rear sport spoiler from audi after carful thought between the Projektztwo. Im fitting it today, any tips that you guys have if you have fitted your own? Im spraying mine gloss black.....ahhhh brings me back to my 106 modding days. Im intressted to see if there are any pitfalls to this installation ie- not enough bond/sealent or needed enhanced abraision by scoring the underside of the spoiler?
Any insider tips would be great! Cheers Guys!
Greg

Hi there,

I'm afraid I don't have any particular tips, but if you have the time - could you make a note of the steps that you took to fit it and perhaps take a before/after set of photos. I'll could stick it up in the fitting guides afterwards.

Ben.

Good Stuff

Ok I will compile a fitting guide. Im up to fixing stage tonight, just needed a final coat of paint a sand and then a few coats of laquer. I'l take pics of fixing stage tonight, should be simple enough. I had a nasty paint reaction with the ready primed suface of the spoiler though. Seem to have got the "orange peel" effect, this im assuming was the reaction from the primer to the paint. Anyways, I'll document the whole thing.
Greg

One tip.. Don't get the goop on ya hands..

A.jpg

Hey guys can we see some more pics of your cars Beta thats one neat job did you fit it yourself .....

Goop noted. Will have ago tonight!

Well I didnt get round to fitting last night I decided it needed a few more coats and them some laquer to finish. Did to coats of laquer last night, Im fitting the official Audi sport spoiler. Gonna have it fitted by tonight I recon. The Polyurithane plastic the spoiler is moulded out of isnt that impressive I have to say. I have had a few minor reactions with-in the spoiler when painted, im certain this is because of the sheer amount of chemicals applied the the production process but also the quality of the mixing process mmmmmmmm to Audi!

Back