ABS issue

Hi I wonder if anyone could help me? Over the past week whenever I put my foot on the brake pedal when it is almost fully pressed I am getting a sort or bouncing feeling from the pedal and can hear a tap tap tap noise. It feels as though it is almost coming from the trye. I have taken the car for a brake check today and it showed no fault with the brakes. The mechanic said that it was taken out for a test drive and that they think the fault is with the ABS system. He said that the brakes are working though. There are no warning lights showing on the dashboard and no alarms going off. Please help if you can. Thanks! p.s. it feels like it's the front drivers side I think?!?

Last edited:
Hi I wonder if anyone could help me? Over the past week whenever I put my foot on the brake pedal when it is almost fully pressed I am getting a sort or bouncing feeling from the pedal and can hear a tap tap tap noise. It feels as though it is almost coming from the trye. I have taken the car for a brake check today and it showed no fault with the brakes. The mechanic said that it was taken out for a test drive and that they think the fault is with the ABS system. He said that the brakes are working though. There are no warning lights showing on the dashboard and no alarms going off. Please help if you can. Thanks!

If you are driving on slippy roads then I think its the ABS system just working how it should.
Its normal for the brake pedal to 'pulse' and make a noise as the ABS unit repeatedly applies and backs off the brakes

Cheers Spike

Thanks Spike, I thought it may have been due to ice on the road however it is now doing it everytime I apply the brakes, on clear roads, whe i'm travelling at about 10mph. It seems to be kicking in every time I brake.

Back