ABS Warning Light

Hi All, this is my first post and although I have searched for some advice I have not found anything that helps me. I hope there is someone out there that can help.

I have owned my A2 for nearly 6 months now (2002 1.4 SE), and all was fine until recently the ABS warning light appeared on my display. It started appearing intermittently at first, and although I was concerned, it did not effect the drive at all. After a while the warning light stayed on constantly so I took it to a reputable garage for a diagnostic. The results came back and I was advsised that I had to replace the 'lateral acceleration sensor' which I did.

After replacing the sensor, the light went out for a while, but has now started intermittently comming on again. I am now also getting a temperature warning light too. I have replaced the summer coolant as stated in the manual, but the light still comes on.

Has anyone had any similar problems, or any advice?

I have been told in pub banter that the computer may just need a re-boot to reset itself. I really hope Audi are not using Windows as their OS!!;)

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Last edited:
After more thorough reading of these forums it seems that this is a very common problem. It also seems it could be a number of things, some of which are completely unrelated to the ABS System.

As the issue is intermittent, and it drives ok, I'm going for either dirty or worn/wearing sensors. Does anyone know of any quality fitters in the South Wales area that want to earn themselves a couple of quid to check it out? The last thing I want is to be charged a fortune at the dealers!

TIA

I am now also getting a temperature warning light too. I have replaced the summer coolant as stated in the manual, but the light still comes on.

Has anyone had any similar problems, or any advice?

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,

Hi completecontrol, welcome to the A2oc

I think the coolant warning lamp usually indicates the coolant level is low. The level switch or wiring could also be faulty - see attached thread for more info
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4964&highlight=coolant+level

Cheers Spike

thanks for your response spike. I have checked the coolant level and all is fine. It must be a sensor as it only happens now and again when I start the car. As for the ABS, the adventure continues......

Thanks again,

Adam

Back