Acceleration problem

JPA

Hello, I had my A2 TDi 75 (2004) car serviced by a friend of the family 3 weeks ago and about 1 week ago i started to have a problem with the acceleration. i accelerate from sandstill up through the gears and once i'm in third gear and get just over 2000rpm then the acceleration is no longer smooth, it accelerates but it seems to stutter. Same happens when i go through 2000rpm in 4th and then 5th so it seems to happen in that range (2000-3000, i rarely push it above 3000 anyways).

Any ideas what it could be? I read on another post that it could be the MAF but i dont know what that is. Or it could be the intercooler or turbo. Or that it could be the pipes, if its a problem with a pipe, where do i look?

Thanks
JPA

Can you get it scanned with vag-com? this will tell you if there are any error codes. If not I would unplug the maf and see it makes any difference, if not then the maf is shot..

I'll second the diagnostic scan. Was the fuel filter changed during the service - they are often overlooked and can block over time.
Problems with a split intercooler / pipework usually show up by the car loosing power then going into limp home mode. This can be reset by switching the ignition off and on but it will happen again when the car is under load.
Other possibility is a faulty injector wiring harness

Cheers Spike

I had the exactly the same problem on the same car!

I left it for a while and then it developed into the split inter cooler pipe.

I stripped the lot down, Turbo re-con, EGR blanked, EGR mapped out and cleaned out the manifold.

The 2000rpm problem has gone but the power comes on very quick now!

Back