Access denied to this thread....

alanm

A2OC Donor
Last year I accessed a very helpful post called 'Oil Change Guide & Indicator Reset' with no problems and saved the link to my favourites for future reference.

I'm about to do a longlife oil change service on my A2 tdi but whenever I now try and use this link I get the following message:

“you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation. “

This is very weird because I have no problems with using all the other links I've saved to other club threads.

Can anyone fix this or advise me what to do?

Thanks - Alan

Last edited:
Hi Alan
One of our members left the club in a huff some time ago. Her insisted that any of his fitting guides and posts etc be deleted so they are now invisible to anyone but but the club owners. Its not possible to fix this for you but there is other sources for guidance on oil changes etc we can direct you to

Cheers Spike

Hi Spike

This link explained, with photos, how to use a Sealey VS862 Code Reader & Reset tool when doing an oil change on the A2. Being impressed by it I bought this bit of kit but saved the link for future use rather than copying and saving its content elsewhere.

Are there any other links I can make use of to sort this issue?

Many thanks - Alan:confused:

Yes, Spike is correct - the guide was posted by Emm, who for reasons best known to himself, left rather hurriedly last year, taking his ball with him!

Having discussed this with Ben, I am of the opinion that when something is posted to a public forum, it then becomes public domain material.

To this end, I have copied this guide and made a rough PDF of it, which is attached below.

Cheers,

Mike

Last edited:
Mike - You're a star!

When I checked out the source of the original posting and who he worked for, I must confess I was concerned its content could be construed as personal advertising so I did some Googling and sourced the Sealey code reader from a much cheaper source.

Would it be possible for the club administrators/owners to post details of what postings have been deleted. I'm not interested in knowing the reasons for deletion but it would get those, like me, who don't automatically save posted guides to do so in future.

The helpfulness of this club site never ceases to impress me!

Details of locked or deleted threads will be a tough one, unless Ben has a tool for identifying them.

If he doesn't, then we'll just try to reconstruct them on a need basis (i.e. when a member can no longer access a guide that they used to be able to, we'll investigate and try to re-post as I've done here).

Cheers,

Mike

Details of locked or deleted threads will be a tough one, unless Ben has a tool for identifying them.

Deleted threads are all moved to an archive section visible to the site owners. This should mean that there are always a few of us around able to regenerate any specific requests for their content.

Having said this - it's very rare that we are asked to remove threads - these particular ones being the only ones that I can recall in recent history.

Ben

over on the German site, the T+Cs state that anything you post becomes club property. Option for here?

Bret

Back